Vista 64 not starting

wikidlad

Limp Gawd
Built a new pc and installed Vista 64 without a hitch. But lately I start the PC and it boots normal, gets to the little green line showing Vista i starting then goes blank and stays there.

Any Ideas ?....my specs below

Q6600
3GB Ram PC6400 C4 Corsair
IP35 Pro
Maxtor 500GB
Corsair 620HX

Thanks

I have had a simular issue on my AMD 6000 before I switched to q6600. Have you enabled memory remapping via Bios? That may or may not help, I am assuming it will, since you are running more than 2gb of ram.

Thanks for the replies, Techie but the problem is when I reboot then it gets to the part where it asks if i want to boot into safe mode but the USB keyboard doesnt work so I cant choose it....for some reason sometimes when I boot up the USB devices dont work during boot.

Any ideas will help.

Im gonna check that memory remapping Ivan, thanks.

Thanks for the replies, Techie but the problem is when I reboot then it gets to the part where it asks if i want to boot into safe mode but the USB keyboard doesnt work so I cant choose it....for some reason sometimes when I boot up the USB devices dont work during boot.

Any ideas will help.

Im gonna check that memory remapping Ivan, thanks.

If your mobo is anything like mine, you have to change the USB support to BIOS from OS before your USB devices will work pre-windows.

Thanks guys, will change that when I get home from my god forsaken job :D

Back