Vista 64 - Media Player Problem

Xerack

Gawd
I'm having a problem with media player, when I select an .mp3 to play, it will start the song and stop after a few seconds into it. It gives the standard - windows will try to find the reason this is happening - type of message.

Has anyone else had any issues with media player?

Everything else seems to work fine.

I'm sorry for no exact messages, I'm at work so I can't cut/paste any error messages at the moment.

Thanks,
Xerack

i know what you are talking about man......i had the same problem with vista ultimate 64 bit....everytime i run wmp11 it was crashing....and it was giving me a message like the one you recieved.....i tried to find a way to fix it on google or to re install and install wmp11 and i couldnt find a way to do it......so i just reinstalled everything again and deactivated find codecs automaticlly and also deactivated history when you run for the 1st time wmp11...i really cant tell you if that was the problem, but now everything works great....
im sorry i cant help you with another solution....but reinstalling worked for me....
let me know if you are able to find a solution on this issue :)

Thanks for the relpy.

Yeah, it's strange, it worked fine for a while. And my movies play fine. If I have to re-install I guess it's not that bad...maybe I should try that svc pack that's floating around..heh.

Cheers!,
Xerack

Back