Vista 64 & Internet Stalling

rbrychckn

n00b
I wrote about some early Vista 64 issues here. The original thought was that my machine was running into issues with P2P software. I hadn't seen any apparent issues after throttling down the max_connections_per_second down to 2 and my max upload/download speeds.

Now my internet is stalling out even without running P2P software. I haven't been able to find a pattern to be honest. I disabled IPv6, I attached my computer directly to my modem and I still have some problems. Does anyone know what else I can try? I am probably one of the few that like Vista but this problem is becoming frustrating - my only solution still is to reboot.

One strange thing I've found is that about 2/3's of the time, after I reboot from this, my sound is turned off and my Microsoft Keyboard Pro/Intellimouse drivers do not load. I've reloaded these drivers and stepped down the drivers but it's still the same problem. The internet stalls and my weather docklets show N/A (my marker that my internet has gone to the crappers).

Any help would be appreciated.

That almost sounds like one of those old "resource conflict" problems, but that shouldn't be the case in a modern system. Are your NIC drivers up to date?

Yes, all my drivers are as up-to-date as possible. I think it has to be some sort of a conflict but I can't piece together how to test anything. Also, since there's no pattern, it's tough to figure out what is the culprit.

Any ideas folks? With more digging, I'm finding I do get the Event Viewer ID 4226 warning that is associated with the half-connections problem, but from what I understand, there's no patch for the tcpip.sys file for Vista 64 that was widely useful in XP SP2. Any help would be appreciated.

Back