Vista 64 - Channel mismatches on 5.1/7.1

Blakestr

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm using an Asus Xonar DX card but it might as well be Vista because I had the same problem with the onboard audio from time to time (Asus P5Q-E) maybe it's the Soundmax drivers on generic but I did a clean install/format yesterday and haven't been able to get the audio to work right, the rear right channel is coming out of the subwoofer.

1. Speakers all checked and function
2. Multiple different drivers checked, removed in safe mode, installed, no difference
3. Asus forum is a joke and there customer service is terrible. I got forwarded probably 8 times back and forth to the wrong people having to wait like six 20 minute segments. I was livid, I called their tech supervisor and left a nasty message but I basically will never buy an asus product again after their customer service.
4. I NEVER have been able to get the magic voice stuff (the whole reason I bougth the card) to work right or consistently.
5. Is it Vista or Asus? I don't care. I had an easier time getting 5.1 sound on a Pentium 4 ten years ago.

I don't want to have to rip out the card and use onboard but I will if I have to.

I updated the bios to EVERYTHING but it never made a difference.

In an unrelated note, does anyone want to buy an Asus Xonar DX sound card.

Back