Vista 64 bit file access issue.

wahur1

Limp Gawd
Since i installed the vista 64bit im facing a weird problem. Whenever i access anyone of my drives folder sometimes it takes 3 to 5 sec to load..like hdds light stays red for few secs and than it shows the item of that folder.

It even happen sometime when i delete something off from recycle bin. Its not with my internal hard disk only but its with my flash drive or mobile internal cards as well.

Due to this recently i have re-installed my windows but still no change. I have tried my system on xp and have not faced any such issue. its only with vista..and i have no clue whats causing it.

Using Nod32 security only for protecting my system.

Have you tried running something like filemon to see whats accessing your directory when you try to open it? Filter for path = (whatever path you are accessing) in filemon and try to open the directory again, if its 5 seconds of antivirus garbage you have your answer.

thanks for replying. I'll try that and let you know.

anyone else who faced such issue?

My pc stop working in middle of anything and i don't know whts causing it. Its just after when i resume the pc from hibernate mode.

One more thing can sata cable freeze the pc. one of my hdds sata cable is loose and it just wont fit in hdds socket. So was wondering is that the issue?

opened the case and re-fixed all the cables..lets see if i again encounter the same problem. so far everything is fine..

Back