Vista 64 and nforce drivers

provoko

Gawd
My motherboard is an abit nforce4 sli. I've tried using nvidia's vista nforce drivers, but they only come with the inf files, but the inf files fail install and even the update manually doesn't work.

The 64bit windows xp drivers don't work either, some strange message about uninstallar failed, so it doesn't install the drivers.

What drivers work for nforce4 and vista 64?
What drivers work for nforce4 and vista 32?

Thank you.

Oh and where is the nvidia contral panel for my graphics card?

provoko said:
My motherboard is an abit nforce4 sli. I've tried using nvidia's vista nforce drivers, but they only come with the inf files, but the inf files fail install and even the update manually doesn't work.

The 64bit windows xp drivers don't work either, some strange message about uninstallar failed, so it doesn't install the drivers.

What drivers work for nforce4 and vista 64?
What drivers work for nforce4 and vista 32?

Thank you.

Oh and where is the nvidia contral panel for my graphics card?

do you need to install the nforce drivers? the vista install correctly detected all of my hardware and installed the appropriate drivers. i figured that if everything was working, no need to mess around with the nforce drivers.

as far as i know, there doesn't seem to be a video card control panel in vista x64. i've seen posts from other people around the forum saying the same thing.

The nforce4 drivers only added the sound driver. The driver from nvidia seems to be the same (but a little newer) than the driver from windows update. Also, the driver doesn't support 5.1 audio. At least I can't get my rear speakers to work...maybe it's just me?

I would only install the nForce drivers for the items Vista doesn't detect on its own. Otherwise, you may miss something, and cause all sorts of havoc.

I tried mucking around in the audio panel, but I couldn't enable 5.1 either. Since the drivers are beta, I don't think they quite have everything working in x64 yet.

Oh, and I don't have a video control panel either, but I found that I HAD to install nVidia's drivers for the video card, because Microsoft's didn't like the Windows Vista theme. (pegged the CPU)

Back