Vista 32bit or 64 bit? Noob here

Miltos2304

Limp Gawd
I play a lot of games{mostly the new ones} also i do a lot of Fear Compat multiplayer.
Iam getting Corsair 4gb ram 1066mhz with E8400, Asus Rambage Formula and 9800gx2. Also i work on Photoshop,3d max,flash and dreamweaver. Which operationg system is best for me? I was leaning to 64 bit because of the 4gb ram.Will i have any problems with 64 bit? Are any faster?Slower? Compatibility issues? :confused:
And one more thinnk to ask? stay with 4 gb ram or its better with 8gb?Again, Willl i have any issues with 8 gb ram?

64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium, or Ultimate if you need its extra features, is the best bet. You can use all your 4GB RAM and you shouldn't have compatibility problems with anything remotely recent (you can't run 16-bit programs though). If you have 64-bit programs (I think there's a version of 3ds max) then they might be a little quicker.

Getting 8GB RAM isn't going to help noticeably with normal computing or games, and probably not much with current versions of Photoshop either since it's a 32-bit program and can't use more than 4GB RAM anyway. It may help with heavy 64-bit programs and heavy multitasking (not just 'I run a web browser at the same time', lots of seriously large programs)/running VMs. It shouldn't cause any issues as long as your motherboard supports it, and an X48 board certainly should.

It would be the same answer that's given to this question over and over again. Since you are building a new high end system, and planning to buy an OS, Vista x64 is the way to go.

Back