I have windows XP 32 bit and want to upgrade to Vista. I am planning on getting vista ultimate and do not know if I should get 32 or 64 bit. My specs are in my sig. Thanks in advance.
Based on your sig, there's a chance you have 4 GB of memory...I think that answers your question for you. The final decision is yours, but this question has been asked enough times to cover all bases.
Just built my first permanent Vista x64 rig. It's running like a charm after one day, but I made sure that everything I needed for this rig worked with Vista x64. At this point, it shouldn't be much of problem except with a few peripherals
It's worth a check to make sure everything has 64-bit drivers before you commit though. Most stuff is pretty solid, but if you are using an older scanner, for example, you might have trouble. Microsoft has a utility that can check your hardware, not sure how well it works though.