Vista 32 Bit + 8800GTS + Forceware 100.59 = Issues

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a Fresh Install of Vista Buisness and Forceware 100.59's straight of NVIDIA's site. The drivers work fine with hardware acceleration etc, however when I open a program or windows setting which requires me to approve or authenticate, The screen garbles up for a quick second before returning to normal.

I am not really looking for a solution to my problem, I am just wondering if anyone else is getting this too? Maybe its just a driver issue... But I want to make sure its not my hardware thats causing this problem.

Thanks

I'm using 64 bit vista ultimate, with the 8800 gts on an intel E6600 Cpu asus i608 chipset motherboard with 2 gig of ddr.

Latest drivers from nvidia for 64 bit vista :X

Works fine, maybe a little less fps then xp .... but still playable with games i've tried so far, hl2, company of heroes... world of warcraft...

If e.g. i open media player classic it will flicker. The first time it did that, vista said it was disabling some feature *proly aero effects or something, because it would solve some issues mpc was having with it...

so i think your problem is that ... proly vista turning the feature between on and off depending on which program you turn on and off :D

Yes, i see it too during certain operations. Turning off UAC was the FIRST thing i did. Unfortunately, it doesn't cure this problem its side effects: For S n G's try playing a DVD and perform an action that causes the corruption. I can't even clean up the damn start menu and watch a movie at the same time...

i run vista 32 bit and i have sli-8800gtx (100.59)

i get a noticeable flicker when uac prompt comes up, i also get a weird skip glitch when i double click a video that isn't maximized, double clicking sends it into full screen mode with a epileptic educing flicker.

also i occasionally get the "ghost wmp" that you have to kill in task manager. I get about 11,000 on 3dmark 06 when i got 13,000 on xp... perhaps due to the crappy nvidia drivers

nvidia just wants to sell the video cards not support them.

i thought the xp drivers were bad, but THEN i see the current state of vista drivers ...they should be releasing drivers every two weeks minimum. i guess they'll eventually see the consequences of screwing their customers.
/rant

Yes, i see it too during certain operations. Turning off UAC was the FIRST thing i did. Unfortunately, it doesn't cure this problem its side effects: For S n G's try playing a DVD and perform an action that causes the corruption. I can't even clean up the damn start menu and watch a movie at the same time...

Ok cool, so Im not the only one. Im sure a drive issue will fix it eventually.

How do you turn of UAC? I have been looking everywhere.... Im sure that will solve most of my current hate and discontent.

i saw a thread in here about turning it off, but i don't mind it, if your game requires it to update... just right click, run as administrator

Ok cool, so Im not the only one. Im sure a drive issue will fix it eventually.

How do you turn of UAC? I have been looking everywhere.... Im sure that will solve most of my current hate and discontent.

Here you go. After turning it off Vista became much more enjoyable. Nothing beats the horror being asked 3 f'n times for verification when checking your system properties for the first time.

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

Back