• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Visiontek X800 Pro 3d2k3 score

The_Dominion

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2001
Messages
337
I just recently got my Visiontek X800 Pro from Fry's Outpost.com for $329.00, so I felt the need to benchmark it. This is with the same overclock settings in the HardOCP review, except I am using a 5% overclocked 3500+, which is at 2310mhz.
It gave me a pretty good score too, I am very pleased with spending all my money on this new system. Gotta give me some bragging rights! Even if it is beaten to hell by some sytems here....

3d2k3 Score: 11332 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2752407

The rest of the system specs are below:
 
Why is it always 3dmark 03? I can't stand that as a comparison benchmark! It's not accurate. Run 2001 SE 330 and tell us.
 
nice card though great price :p

PimpBot5000 said:
Why is it always 3dmark 03? I can't stand that as a comparison benchmark! It's not accurate. Run 2001 SE 330 and tell us.

that's a CPU bench these days


Edit CIWS - removed flamebait. Please don't post trouble.
 
Not bad at all, amazing how fast things are now, i benched a ti 4600 just to check the scores it got a 1502 on a 2.8gh p4 heheh... 11-12k score... very nice.
--------------------
Avatar29.gif
 
PimpBot5000 said:
Why is it always 3dmark 03? I can't stand that as a comparison benchmark! It's not accurate. Run 2001 SE 330 and tell us.
2001 is more cpu bound. I bet he wanted to test out his new gpu in 03, but I'm sure he will get to 2001 if he so desires. ;)

Anyways, Nice score bro! Good job on that new setup. :)
 
The Visiontek X800pro I got from Outpost overclocked well to 540/570 with stock cooling.

My cpu is: Athlon 2500+ (OCed at 185*11.5 for 2130mhz (something like a 3100+)

3Dmark03 with card at stock: 9000
Score with card Oced to 540/570: 10395

It's a good card. Though, I just sold mine because of money issues and hoping my XT gateway order would be filled soon and that then my bill wouldn't be due for another month when I can afford it.

But now the supply for XT cards is getting worse and worse, who knows how many days I'll have to wait. Already today it was pushed back to the 22nd. I wish I never upgraded and had my 9700pro I sold for $110 back.
 
PimpBot5000 said:
Why is it always 3dmark 03? I can't stand that as a comparison benchmark! It's not accurate. Run 2001 SE 330 and tell us.

That's not a good bench anymore. I got 17000 in 3Dmark01 with a X800pro with a OCed 2500+ cpu, while someone with a Athlon64 3200+ or higher gets 22000 with the same card, so that isn't a good comparison for the card, but for the cpu.
 
PimpBot5000 said:
Why is it always 3dmark 03? I can't stand that as a comparison benchmark! It's not accurate. Run 2001 SE 330 and tell us.
The score for 2001 SE is in my sig.




About the X800 for $330, the deal is dead. It may have been a price mistake of whatever, but not the card is not only not in stock, but before it was OOS it was back up to $400. However I got mine for that price, and I a very pleased.

Here is the link:

http://shop4.outpost.com
 
TheDominion, good score, but I personally your system warrants the extra cash for the 6800ultra or x800XT.

phas3d
 
I meant some joe with a 2.4 p4 can bench the same as you in 03 with an X800. 3dmark 03 is good for gpu comparisons and overclocking scores though.
 
TimothyB said:
That's not a good bench anymore. I got 17000 in 3Dmark01 with a X800pro with a OCed 2500+ cpu, while someone with a Athlon64 3200+ or higher gets 22000 with the same card, so that isn't a good comparison for the card, but for the cpu.


yep i get 24500 or so on this p4.... but a64s are better at gaming..rightttttttttttt
 
Man, that isn't right. How on earth can you compare your 3.9Ghz p4 against a stock athlon 64. You have me beat by less than 1000 points. I have no overclock at all right now. How can you say yours is better? Mine is 1.9ghz slower and getting 1000points less. Hmm...i think the 64's are better for that reason alone.
 
very nice score indeed Dominion ;) And its pretty well on a par with most of the people posting here Apart from the uber clocked cards :p
The visiontek is the X800 im thinking of getting and its made my mind up after seing that :D
 
botreaper10 said:
Man, that isn't right. How on earth can you compare your 3.9Ghz p4 against a stock athlon 64. You have me beat by less than 1000 points. I have no overclock at all right now. How can you say yours is better? Mine is 1.9ghz slower and getting 1000points less. Hmm...i think the 64's are better for that reason alone.

ya but you got 16 pipes and i got 12 so that evens it out..

btw how did you kill your new card already..
 
Have you pulled the heatsink off yet to see what version core you have? I got my MSI X800 a good three weeks ago and it modded perfectly to a X800 XTPE. I'd love to see your score with the additional 4 pipes. :p
 
theelviscerator said:
yep i get 24500 or so on this p4.... but a64s are better at gaming..rightttttttttttt

23600 with the A64/9800pro rig in my sig...argue with that one

that's a nice deal on that card. i wish i could have caught it, i'm looking to pick up an x800pro for that price :(
 
Mine's around there too. 10768

P4 2.4C running at 2.6
ATI X800 Pro running at 530/500
I875
1GB DDR400

Not that 3DMark03 is that great a benchmarking tool, but it give some basis for comparison anyway.

I'm going to try and enable the extra 4 pipes tonight. We'll see what that does.
 
theelviscerator said:
ya but you got 16 pipes and i got 12 so that evens it out..

btw how did you kill your new card already..


I didn't kill it. PNY forgot to install all of teh core heatsink screws. 3 isn't enough and the 2mm gap between the heatsink and core kinda made it get too roasty. I hate PNY and will never buy from them again.
 
Back
Top