• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Visiontek warranty: Registration required?

qwertyaas

Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
794
Anyone know if it is required to register your card in order to get the lifetime warranty from Visiontek?
 
i registered it with them last week and listed my email, anyone know if they are supposed to send me a confirmation email
 
Very interesting.....


LOL.

Actually, that made me laugh. Anyway, I was wondering the same thing as well. ;)
 
Well, I wanted to know if it was required to register it, not some sarcastic comment on how I might as well register it.

I put the links up so that you had the info that you needed to answer your OWN question but obviously you were too lazy to do the reading and come up with an answer..:rolleyes:
 
I put the links up so that you had the info that you needed to answer your OWN question but obviously you were too lazy to do the reading and come up with an answer..:rolleyes:

I already read through that. It doesn't mention that you need to register but that doesn't mean that they don't require it (if it is a recent change).

A simple yes or no could have been easier if you knew that answer.
 
It'd probably be better to just call or e-mail Visiontek and get the answer from them. Obviously people on these forums are too immature to be helpful enough for you.
 
I never think about it. In general, I rarely register my HW anyway, I just see it as some way to get spammed. Shrug. But I always keep my receipts in case I need proof of purchase.
 
Direct from VisionTek's website: "Registration is not required for warranty service. Please keep your receipt for warranty purposes."
 
I think that my video card is defective, how do I get a warranty replacement?
All warranty claims can be initiated by contacting Technical Support by telephone or e-mail. The toll-free telephone number is 866-883-5411 and the e-mail address is support@visiontek.com. All warranty claims for ATI-based cards require product registration (receipt or box UPC code). All warranty claims are subject to a 10.00 shipping & handling fee.

How do I register my new video card?
You can register your video card by clicking on register and filling out the online form. You will need to note the serial number that is located on the back of the video card before registering as this number is needed during the registration process.

http://www.visiontek.com/registration/

Who woulda thunk this was in a section called Frequently asked questions? Looks like will make you register your card before you can submit an RMA so you might as well do it anyways.
 
All warranty claims for ATI-based cards require product registration (receipt or box UPC code).

Who woulda thunk this was in a section called Frequently asked questions? Looks like will make you register your card before you can submit an RMA so you might as well do it anyways.

Edit: I also found this on the Warranty section of their website, "The warrantee shall pay the cost of returning the defective product to and from VisionTek’s service center."

So ... do they cover shipping or is it $10?

And, the post above yours states;

Direct from VisionTek's website: "Registration is not required for warranty service. Please keep your receipt for warranty purposes."
Either someone is looking at the wrong information, or the Visiontek website is posting conflicting information. I would like to know the answer as well, as I recently purchased a new card form them.
 
And, the post above yours states;

Either someone is looking at the wrong information, or the Visiontek website is posting conflicting information. I would like to know the answer as well, as I recently purchased a new card form them.

The information I found is direct from VisionTek's registration page: http://www.visiontek.com/registration/

The FAQs states the following: "All warranty claims for ATI-based cards require product registration (receipt or box UPC code)."

What that means (as far as I can understand) is that they are referring to the UPC Code or purchase receipt as registration, NOT registration on VisionTek's website.
 
Back
Top