Visiontek RMA 6990 :(

NVgamer

n00b
well one of my 6990 crapped out and it was a Visiontek branded. So I immediately did the RMA thing with Visiontek.
Got a few emails with trouble shooting tips but told them twice that I tested the card in 2 different setups and failed to boot, but yet the representative in the email still sent me some generic tips holding back the RMA.
I then waited 3 days with no response and then sent them email pleading for a RMA to get this card replaced.
They wanted a copy of my invoice sent it in today, I did register it within the 30 days to get my 3 year warranty so now am still waiting for them to "validate" my invoice and warranty.

I decided to start this thread just so other fellow members can see what kind of outcome to expect from visiontek.

Am actually interested to see what there going to offer me ( am hoping for a working 6990), because I do crossfire with a second 6990 from visiontek

if anyone had any experience with visiontek rma feel free to give me some insight on how they handle them selves.

If they do not have a 6990 to replace yours, and cannot repair yours to a fully working condition, then I would accept nothing less then a new 7970 1Ghz edition. A nicely overclocked 7970 is pretty decent against a 6990, and you could always sell your second one and get enough for a second 7970 I would imagine.

I hope everything works out for you, please keep us updated.

thanks for the insight ccityinstaller

I just got a email this morning stating to send the invoice, it was duplicate email from yesterday when I did send the invoice...so i sent it again today.

I have a feeling this RMA is going to be a loooong one :(

will definitely update this with all actions that takes place with them, so others can see :)

thanks for the insight ccityinstaller

I just got a email this morning stating to send the invoice, it was duplicate email from yesterday when I did send the invoice...so i sent it again today.

I have a feeling this RMA is going to be a loooong one :(

will definitely update this with all actions that takes place with them, so others can see :)

NVGamer,

Have you gotten any results with your RMA? If so, did they give you another 6990 or a replacement?

bad news on the replacement and customer service.

I sent in my my 6990 which wasn't functional, a few weeks later I received a replacement with missing screws and also the warranty Bios sticker has been removed.

I proceeded to contact support was on hold for over a hour and was hung up on. Really disappointed in the level of customer support and quality control is really bad.

did the replacement card worked? keep us updated so we know not trust visiontek.

If RMA is as bad as their rebates....I wouldnt be surprised if they sent an nvidia 8400 gs as a replacement.

Replying to this as I just submitted RMA request for my 1 month old 7850 from Visiontek. It runs ~ 90C on stock speeds and I get issues watching vidoes... black screen freeze/sound. I hope they don't mess things up =\

Visiontek is still around? :Snicker:

Sorry for your problems with Visiontek, but that brand was to be avoided long before they stopped producing Nvidia graphics cards.

Update:
Visitiontek told me its fine to put the video card with a missing screw and even with the loose screw as well, and they told me the warranty sticker wont be a factor with future warranty claim. I dont trust there advice at all. The back panel of the the video card is loose due to the missing screw also dont want to take the chance of shorting out my system. Am almost sure if something down the road was to happen to my video card they would straight deny me warranty due to missing warranty void sticker and missing screw. I truly think this of there way of trapping me in a situation were in the long run I end up with a dud.

at this point filled a compliant with BBB and still in the process with this case. will update soon, hoping for a bright light at the end of the tunnel :(

Man that sucks,i guess its a crapshoot on warranty in the video card world,anyway hope they take care of you good luck...

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I would at least contact their CS and make SURE you take pictures of the card you received from them with a valid time stamp.
Ask Visiontek if they can at least send you some screws to secure the card better.....that shouldn't be asking too much I would think.

Does the RMA card work?

I truly dispise companies that have crap RMA service. I run a datacenter and OCZ's enterprise support is like that, Kingston's on the other hand is fantastic.

Hrmmm.. strange. I have had nothing but good service from Visiontek.

I bought a couple of those refurb 4870x2's when Tiger Direct was selling them for cheap.

One of them ended up being bad.

I did the VisionTek RMA through email and let them know that I had two of them that I had bought for crossfire.

They RMA'd both of them because of this and sent me 2 6870's.
I have had to RMA one of the 6870s because it stopped working all together, but they didn't give me any trouble whatsoever about replacing it.

From what I can tell, there is a single person who handles the RMAs over there.

If doing an RMA, I would do it through email, as you may not get as good of service through phone support.

You also have a record of any correspondence if you do it through email and from what I can tell, the person that handles the RMA emails is very helpful.

Sorry for your problems with Visiontek, but that brand was to be avoided long before they stopped producing Nvidia graphics cards.

Says who? I have 2 Visiontek cards that have run perfectly since the day of purchase..several years ago.

Says who? I have 2 Visiontek cards that have run perfectly since the day of purchase..several years ago.

+1.

NiHiL8 - If Visiontek is to be avoided, then you must also avoid pretty much any other electronics manufacturer.

From my experience, the majority of companies RMA departments are way worse than Visiontek.

Now if you are talking Logitech and Saitek, that is whole different story. Best RMA departments ever.

Update:
after waiting for quite some time in response to my BBB claim, there willing to trade my 6990 for two 6970's

do anyone of you think this a worthy trade?

Update:
after waiting for quite some time in response to my BBB claim, there willing to trade my 6990 for two 6970's

do anyone of you think this a worthy trade?

If you can make enough money on selling them to buy another 6990, then I would say yes.

It shouldnt be hard for them to give you another 6990, or something better in single video card form.

technically, two 6970's are faster than a single 6990 - however at the expense of more noise and more heat.

IMO - counter offer with like.. two 7870's. It seems like a waste to get 6970's at this point in the game.

Them running for 999999999999999 years makes no difference. Some people avoid manufacturers due to bad RMA service.

Back