VisionTek ATI RADEON HD3870 OC 512MB $129 no rebates @ BestBuy on Sunday 6/1

one left in Puyallup. I already have one (older none OC version) so resisted the temptation.

i would probably wait on getting a graphics card until the end of this month or the end of the next month, just to see the new releases. besides even if this deal goes away, theres still frequent 9600gt/8800gt deals around.

but then again, what do i know? last time i bought a graphics card was almost 2 years ago, my 7600gt.

You can always wait for the next deal as very few deals are so hot that you won't be able to do at least as well and likely better 1-2 months down the road.

I went to the link from the first post, and checked in store availability, there were 2 stores in my area which still had the cards in stock, I was able to get one last night (tuesday) at the sale price. Wish I had the money for 2 of them. The store I went to had 2 in stock and they were marked at the Isle for $129.99.

i got it and shoehorned it into my case its a big bitch but its well worth it about the same noise levels as my 2600xt.

since i can't run crossfire, i don't know if i should return my second card or hold onto it for later...

Alright, found this on the net today so this is my sign I am going to get one of these if there are any on the shelves when I get there.

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/H...N_50532&e=10543;519482;1374046223;1;02&a=1007

Hope anybody could use this if not for this card then for something else they have had their eyes on recently. I missed the last 10% off deal and I am not going to miss this one. (Even though I am sure you could probably find a 10% off coupon for BB about any time of the year :) )

Alright, found this on the net today so this is my sign I am going to get one of these if there are any on the shelves when I get there.

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/H...N_50532&e=10543;519482;1374046223;1;02&a=1007

Hope anybody could use this if not for this card then for something else they have had their eyes on recently. I missed the last 10% off deal and I am not going to miss this one. (Even though I am sure you could probably find a 10% off coupon for BB about any time of the year :) )

i got the same coupon, but i ended up using the usps movers coupon instead. worked out fine for me.

Get a new mb :p

I thought about it, but if i get a new motherboard i would want to upgrade my cpu also and right now i'm a little low on cash.

i'm running an opteron 165 cpu right now. any recommendations for a good motherboard that can do crossfire with this cpu?

I took a chance and checked out of the suburban Chicago BB stores and found they still had 6 of these cards. Some had the dual-slot cooler some had the Zalman like cooler thingy. For $129, I couldn't resist. Now I can put it on the shelf next to the Abit AM2 mother board I got from Fry's for $15.

Will they take a printout/copy of that coupon ? Or is it a YMMV Game ?

Will they take a printout/copy of that coupon ? Or is it a YMMV Game ?
Yes, it's an email coupon, so printing it is the only way to use it. It expires on Monday. 12% off with Reward Zone card or 10% off without.

I think some stores are starting to get new stock or returns, most of the stores around have restocked.

Yes, it's an email coupon, so printing it is the only way to use it. It expires on Monday. 12% off with Reward Zone card or 10% off without.

I brought the coupon with me when I picked up my online purchase.
Mine was the last one in the store... shelf was empty.

Clerk specifically pointed out that the coupon states "Markdowns taken from regular prices", and thus could not be used on a sale item. Crap! I wanted that 12%!!

She also mentioned that BB has discontinued the entire HD3xxx series and will not be restocking. The stores mentioned above must be getting returns or residual inventory from stores that couldn't sell them.

anyone know of the dimensions for this card?I need to know please

When I saw the box I was shocked at how big that was. I looked at the card and it was pretty big. i thought the cooler size was a lot smaller. I knew the card was long but just wow.

i didn't think the card was that big. it's about the width of my motherboard.

got a question what drivers are you guys that picked it up using? the one that came with it , or from visiontek, or from ati?

Got one from a friend and want to chek some stuff out , so far its not worth replacing a 7900gtx

thanks

The drivers on the disc from visiontek are outdated, get the ones from the ati/amd website.

I picked one up for my wife's computer. I got one with the copper orb- did I make the wrong decision? the other one left had the standard cooler and was version 1.0

I picked one up for my wife's computer. I got one with the copper orb- did I make the wrong decision? the other one left had the standard cooler and was version 1.0
It only depends on your preference. I find that having a 2 slot cooler that vents outside the case lets me use a weaker and quieter case exhaust fan (and no front intake fan). Others prefer the Zalman-type coolers because they use stronger fans to increase ventillation.

I don't know how the two types of coolers on these cards compare, but nobody seems to have complained about either one yet.

just replace it with the accelero.....i got mine with an accelero w/ 120mm fan on top and it runs @ 38c idle and 45 full load

This card is smaller then a 7900gtx by a bit.only takes up two slots. i do like the fan positon batter , I do regret getting it though cause i have had nothing but problems trying to install the catalyst control center freaking thing wont open. am about to give up, want to enable crossfire.

Will Best Buy pricematch if the deal has passed but you are still within your 30 days? I bought two when they are were 179.99...would be nice to get $100 back but if not oh well.

Will Best Buy pricematch if the deal has passed but you are still within your 30 days? I bought two when they are were 179.99...would be nice to get $100 back but if not oh well.
I doubt it. If you went in when the sale was on, it shouldn't have been a problem, but now that the sale is over the price isn't in their system anymore. You can look up their pricematch policy, but I don't think they match an expired sale price You could box up your cards and try to return them if you don't get the pricematch, but YMMV and there may be a restocking fee on opened items.

Man, the 8800GT 512MB is dropping fast too. I think I'm gonna package mine back up and return it and wait for the new cards. =\

well.. i didn't open mine up (was still contemplating on this card or getting a cheaper card and waiting for the 4850's) and I am thinking of returning it, so its going back to BB soon.

Man, the 8800GT 512MB is dropping fast too. I think I'm gonna package mine back up and return it and wait for the new cards. =\
I got one of the XFX 8800GT 512MB cards with a Zalman cooler from TD for $120AR/GCO. If it's still within the return period, you may as well wait for official HD 4850 benchmarks. Likely the HD 4850 will be a better buy at $200 if that's still within your budget.

I was going to take back one of the HD 3870 cards I bought, but it seems that I can soft mod it to FireStream 9170. Not a bad deal to keep as a $130 FireStream card. Now I can get rid of my real Quadro FX 3400.

Back