Visiontek 7850 2GB - $150 FS @NE

Just a heads up, I owned this card and its a pile of garbage, Newegg thankfully RMA'ed it for me. (Fan was basically dying)

The fans on these suck, and the cooler was barely able to keep up with stock voltage.

I had more problems with this card then an XFX card.

My brother wants to know if this would be an upgrade over an xfx hd6850 black edition 1gb with a zalman vf-3000 cooler on it, in an athlon x4 630 system?

He has it OC just under ghz, I'm pretty sure this Visiontek with its weak fan will barely oc and sound like a blowdryer in comparission to the whisper quiet zalman.

He also plans on buying Far Cry 3 key for $30 if he can find one, so thats another thing to factor in and can probably get around $100 for the 6850, so out of pocket would roughly be $30-40 after shipping and paypal fees, plus the hassle. Worth it?

My brother wants to know if this would be an upgrade over an xfx hd6850 black edition 1gb with a zalman vf-3000 cooler on it, in an athlon x4 630 system?

He has it OC just under ghz, I'm pretty sure this Visiontek with its weak fan will barely oc and sound like a blowdryer in comparission to the whisper quiet zalman.

He also plans on buying Far Cry 3 key for $30 if he can find one, so thats another thing to factor in and can probably get around $100 for the 6850, so out of pocket would roughly be $30-40 after shipping and paypal fees, plus the hassle. Worth it?

It will be quite the upgrade over the 6850, but really I urge him to hold out, the Sapphire cards have been down to as low as $169 and I would recommend he hold out or wait for a deal on anything but this card.

The fan on the Visiontek isn't loud at all, the problem with it is its just inadequate for the job period so is the cooler; I wouldn't expect anything more than 1050 out of this card. I was able to get mine to run 1200 but I had to have a house fan blowing in my case to do so.

Seems like soda may be right. Reading reviews and others having same issue...

It will be quite the upgrade over the 6850, but really I urge him to hold out, the Sapphire cards have been down to as low as $169 and I would recommend he hold out or wait for a deal on anything but this card.

The fan on the Visiontek isn't loud at all, the problem with it is its just inadequate for the job period so is the cooler; I wouldn't expect anything more than 1050 out of this card. I was able to get mine to run 1200 but I had to have a house fan blowing in my case to do so.

pass, hopefully something better comes up monday, thanks

Last edited:
Bit, been looking for a 2 gb 7850. Thanks OP! Cooling issues don't really bother me, at least at this price point (anecdote does not data make) and with the lifetime warranty.

Also, FYI, Amazon has the same deal w/o Far Cry 3.

...and if anyone wants to buy my Far Cry voucher, lemme know....

Bit, been looking for a 2 gb 7850. Thanks OP! Cooling issues don't really bother me, at least at this price point (anecdote does not data make) and with the lifetime warranty.

Also, FYI, Amazon has the same deal w/o Far Cry 3.

...and if anyone wants to buy my Far Cry voucher, lemme know....

Go read the visiontek forums and see just how awesome that lifetime warranty really is. :rolleyes:

Back