Visiontek 5850 in stock at newegg...Go! Go! Go!

I know, good deal. They are all $309 now. Some are even $350 at some sites.

XFX was in stock for the same price yesterday. Just wait one week or one month, I can't imagine anyone is in that much of a hurry anymore.

LOL Amazing, and here I thought they were already making maximum profit selling them at the initial $250 MSRP.

Oh well, there's one born every minute.

LOL Amazing, and here I thought they were already making maximum profit selling them at the initial $250 MSRP.

Oh well, there's one born every minute.

It beats the GTX285 which costs upwards of $380. It's a good deal.

Everyone says it's crazy to buy these at this price, but seems like there is way more than enough people willing to do it. As long as people keep buying the price is going to stay the same for a couple weeks until the shortage clears up.

The Sapphire one is in stock now at newegg. I'm going to wait for Amazon.. 9.75% CA tax means no more newegg unless necessary.

Everyone says it's crazy to buy these at this price, but seems like there is way more than enough people willing to do it. As long as people keep buying the price is going to stay the same for a couple weeks until the shortage clears up.

Couple of weeks is a bit of an underestimate.... these were launched mid october and are about as scarce now as they were then.

All told though.... it's a lot less appealing price/performance wise now that it's 20% more expensive....

Couple of weeks is a bit of an underestimate.... these were launched mid october and are about as scarce now as they were then.

I still can't say that I've yet seen a 5850/5870/5970 in stock anywhere when I've finally looked...

At least it gives me time to buy a new system so the CPU won't be (or at least be less of...) a bottleneck to the cards...

I got my 5850 (Diamond) from Microcenter and it cost $300+tax, so this is a decent price actually.

I normally would never be one of the people to jump on a new card and pay the big price but my previous card died (XFX 4870) and and the RMA they sent me was also dead...so instead of waiting another month to get a working card I just got my 5850 and will sell the 4870 when I get it back.

It's a great card, don't regret the purchase. I have never owned another Diamond card before though, my only hesitation. Hope they have good support just in case I need to use it, but based on how well packaged the 5850 was (could have played football with it) I hope it's a sign that they care.

I'm hoping by the time these are readily available everything else will be out and will have pushed them to the sub $200 price range.

Then I'm grabbing one :).

im willing top help anyone whos in need of a 5850/5870 by heading to MC for the best possible deal and working out a shipping and payment arrangement for you.

How much are they going for at MC? MSRP?

If so I may just take you up on that when I cash my check Wednesday.

I bought 3 5850's (cheaper) and they were for new builds. If I was only looking to upgrade then I'd wait, but building a new system even at $310 there's nothing that competes with it at that price. Well maybe Xfire 5770's.

If we could just MAKE ppl not buy them overpriced we could ALL get them for the MSRP or lower...

GL with that :(

i thought rumor was that these were to go up in price by $50 soon due to 40nm process not doing well.

was just down at Microcenter a few hours ago, forgot to check.

Don't see any listed on the website though.

Back