• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

VisionTek 4870x2 Owner's

gc86

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
670
I got burned on Craigslist... can anyone make me a copy of their receipt? :(
 
err, I bought a 4870x2 from a seller on Craigslist which turned out to be faulty and am hoping I can RMA it.

Thats why you never buy hardware on craigslist. Unless its a XFX which had a double lifetime warrenty :/

Sounds like you are SOL
 
Thats why you never buy hardware on craigslist. Unless its a XFX which had a double lifetime warrenty :/

Sounds like you are SOL

Unless someone is kind enough to scan their receipt for me, lesson learned obviously
 
Well, I got my gtx 280 on craigslist for $150... still runs great... Except I made sure the guy can give me a receipt or can help me RMA if anything goes wrong with my card.
 
Well, I got my gtx 280 on craigslist for $150... still runs great... Except I made sure the guy can give me a receipt or can help me RMA if anything goes wrong with my card.

I've actually done tons of business on Craigslist over the years, this is the first time i've been screwed.
 
Buy a brand new one, RMA it, and return the one you bought.


or do with i did my faulty patriot ram some guy sold me.

Buy the same product, return the old one as DOA (clean it out properly make it look new) and get your refund.

I had to pay for all the shipping and what ever, but i got my ram fixed :)
 
Buy a brand new one, RMA it, and return the one you bought.


or do with i did my faulty patriot ram some guy sold me.

Buy the same product, return the old one as DOA (clean it out properly make it look new) and get your refund.

I had to pay for all the shipping and what ever, but i got my ram fixed :)

I know theres a few ways around it but than i'll feel kind of bad in the end, maybe as a last resort.
 
I know theres a few ways around it but than i'll feel kind of bad in the end, maybe as a last resort.

You would feel bad buying a card, RMAing the old one?.

but you feel totally fine with a fake reciept that someone else has for an RMA?

LOL
 
You would feel bad buying a card, RMAing the old one?.

but you feel totally fine with a fake reciept that someone else has for an RMA?

LOL

One is technically theft, the other is I bought something and don't have a receipt could I use yours. Perhaps we just see it differently.
 
That sucks, I assume you contacted the seller and they said to F off or something?
 
That sucks, I assume you contacted the seller and they said to F off or something?

Pretty much, sold AS-IS he told me

The thing is, the card works itself but the second GPU is defective. I've been doing some testing and it does not run at stock settings. I had some luck doing some extreme downclocking but it was still unstable. Running at stock speeds just yields crashes, I need to disable Catalyst AI which in turn only uses the first GPU (Crossfire disabled)
 
One is technically theft, the other is I bought something and don't have a receipt could I use yours. Perhaps we just see it differently.

I agree with you and I don't see a problem with what you're trying to accomplish. Visiontek has a faulty piece of hardware that failed inside their warranty period and a reciept is just needed to prove that. It's not like someone made a duplicate fake card and is trying to get a real one in exchange... sheesh people.
 
I agree with you and I don't see a problem with what you're trying to accomplish. Visiontek has a faulty piece of hardware that failed inside their warranty period and a reciept is just needed to prove that. It's not like someone made a duplicate fake card and is trying to get a real one in exchange... sheesh people.

this is true.. it's not like the card wasn't payed for legitimately at one moment in time...
 
Have you already contacted VisionTek and they are asking for the receipt?

Have you tried some older drivers?
I was having a hard time enabling both GPUs with some of the newer drivers and had to roll back to older drivers which worked. Replacing the mobo fixed this problem.
 
One is technically theft, the other is I bought something and don't have a receipt could I use yours. Perhaps we just see it differently.

this.

LOL

sigh :rolleyes:

You are pretty obtuse. What's wrong with what risqu3 suggested? That's not stealing. Buy a brand new card, don't open it, use the receipt to RMA the defective one, and then return the sealed card. Nobody loses money, you get VisionTek to fix the card, problem solved. That's so much worse than using somebody else's receipt entirely?
 
You are pretty obtuse. What's wrong with what risqu3 suggested? That's not stealing. Buy a brand new card, don't open it, use the receipt to RMA the defective one, and then return the sealed card. Nobody loses money, you get VisionTek to fix the card, problem solved. That's so much worse than using somebody else's receipt entirely?

I've been checking B&M stores but none of them stock the VisionTek 4870x2

I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of buying online and shipping it back for a return, not to mention if theres a restocking fee.
 
I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of buying online and shipping it back for a return, not to mention if theres a restocking fee.

Restocking fees generally apply only if the product packaging has been opened.

Don't you have a store near you where you can do that?
 
Back
Top