VisionTek 4870 X2 Best Buy Update

Best Buy will have them for $550. I just went over there and they told me that they have ZERO in the states of Utah, Idaho, Colorado, and Nevada. That's including their main distro center in Denver. Just so everyone knows, VisionTek may not have announced their card yet, but Best Buy does have a SKU for it. For anyone who's interested.

RADEON HD 4870X2 VISIONTEK SKU: 8986225

They do have a 10% store wide coupon going around right now, so after the discount, it's right around $500 which is what I was planning on spending.

You forgot one thing about buying from bestbuy vs online store......online store = no tax(usually for most)

You forgot one thing about buying from bestbuy vs online store......online store = no tax(usually for most)

True! You are right, and I hadn't thought about that! :) You do, however in that case have to pay for shipping and then wait for it to get there.

Bestbuy shows nothing for that SKU #, though it does say 2 items, but shows nothing..

Oh, trust me I know!!! When she said that none of the stores in my area had them I was pretty surprised. I live in a college town. There are two huge universities near me. Lots of young, single people with money to waste, like me!

I posted this over at Anand as well. Just a word of warning.

People are so very quick to forget... Here is a list of cards that BestBuy was rumored our "sourced" as saying they would have in stock on launch days. None of these cards were available in any quantity whatsoever on launch, although BB online continued to take orders (and charge credit cards) for them well after there were none left:

8800 GT
3870 X2

The 4870 X2 will play out exactly the same way, garanteed. I got burnt on the 8800 GT, and was stupid enough to fall for the same thing with the 4870.

In addition to debiting your card, you must call and wait for 15 minutes or more and several call directors to cancel your order. Don't do it.

Exactly. If you don't have this card in your hand from Best Buy tomorrow in a brick and mortor, don't go through the trouble.

To break it down they do this with hot items to pad their balance sheets and in the hopes that the 15mn wait will stop people from cancelling their order.

I posted this over at Anand as well. Just a word of warning.

People are so very quick to forget... Here is a list of cards that BestBuy was rumored our "sourced" as saying they would have in stock on launch days. None of these cards were available in any quantity whatsoever on launch, although BB online continued to take orders (and charge credit cards) for them well after there were none left:

8800 GT
3870 X2

The 4870 X2 will play out exactly the same way, garanteed. I got burnt on the 8800 GT, and was stupid enough to fall for the same thing with the 4870.

In addition to debiting your card, you must call and wait for 15 minutes or more and several call directors to cancel your order. Don't do it.

The week the 4850 was released bestbuy had them on the shelves a couple days early plus the had a 20% off all visontek hardware that week. I landed my 4850 for $149.99 with 10% off movers coupon. Since I have rewardzone certificates ready I'll be @ bestbuy in the morning.

Best Buy will have them for $550. I just went over there and they told me that they have ZERO in the states of Utah, Idaho, ....

Guess what finger I'm holding up Best Buy. C'mon, guess. :rolleyes:

LOL, I think that's just one of the VERY MANY things that must suck about living in California. Damn enviro-nazis over there.

I was thinking about transferring over there for college but I guess I might have to rethink that lol. I dont wana pay tax up my crack for all the crap I buy online lol.

If this is true be the first in line soon as the door opens. BB will probably stock only 5 at each store. Its just the way they do things.

Just called the local store. They claim not to have any (in Maryland), despite the fact the SKU works.

Just called the local store. They claim not to have any (in Maryland), despite the fact the SKU works.

They wont tell you anything more then you have to know, not to mention they probably got an email to not reveal that much info on incoming dates. Obviously some people abide by the email and some don't.

Was just told by the Best Buy here in Waterford, CT that they will not being carrying that SKU in their store. Bummer...

They didnt carry 4870 ( and still most stores dont) but can still get em online when they do pop up

None here in Oklahoma. The customer service rep checked the SKU, and no Best Buys in Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, or Arkansas has it. :(

My Best Buy in Massachusetts doesnt have any in stock and they said their shipment comes in on Wednesday, and they might have them then.

They have a thing on their computer that tells them if any are in transit. My Best Buy doesn't have any in transit. And the worst part is they apparently don't even have them in their distro centers either. :( I can't order one online. Not when I can pay $500 for it right there and have it right now. Plus, I have to take my 8800 GT that was just my stop gap came out and I was going to use the money I paid for it towards the new card. Looks like I'm going to have to wait. Although, if there is some place in Utah that someone knows of that's selling one, and they have them in stock, let me know. I'll probably cave and get it.

Best Buy probably doesn't even have this item yet because VisionTek hasn't even announced their card. It'll probably be a couple of weeks.

yeah, bestbuy will probably get just as many as they did of the 3870x2 cards.

Come to Oregon and enjoy no sales tax.

Delaware also charges no sales tax (which drives Maryland and Pennsylvania, not to mention New Jersey, somewhat crazy).

Does Delaware take advantage? I direct your attention to Christiana Mall - that particular location was no accident.

Yes, there is a Best Buy there - one of three in Delaware.

Oh, and the estimated arrival time the above link: 8/13-8/20/2008

and? Today is the 13th, next wednesday is the 20th? Order wed it probably gets shipped befor end week and you get it wed less you pay the premium.

just ordered from best buy, with the premium shipping, they said it should arrive by Friday ..hopefully. It also drew me back $615....

This morning when i checked at 4:30am EST, on Thursday 14th, it was on sale for 469.99 on there site.

Dunno how long it will last.

Back