Virus?

Cattata

n00b
I have no idea what to post this under but here it is.

I just took a 10 gig hd from an old pII and put it in my comp to transport some files. AVG come up with something about a trojan so i take the hd out and run a scan. Nothing comes up. Then avg tells me that it's missing a driver called core. I uninstalled it, ran symantec and nothing came up again. I ran multiple adware/malware removal programs and it come up with nothing.

Now on to the problem. When ever I play any game the computer reboots randomly, theres no warning signs such as freezing, etc. Any ideas would be awesome because I'm totaly stuck. :confused:

reboot into safemode with networking

go to trend micro's housecall

run the online scan and let it cleanse your system

Win + Break
Advanced -> Startup and recovery -> Settings
Disable 'Automatic restart'.

Sure, it won't help, but at least you get BSOD's and cryptic error messages rather than it just randomly resetting. I like how they 'eliminated BSOD's' by setting the default to reboot instead.

That done... trend is your friend as has been mentioned. The name of the trojan may or may be of use.

Random reboots during games though could be anything. Video and sound issues the most common. Before you go formatting, look into all other options first.

Back