Virus executables

Helmut

Limp Gawd
First of all, to the mods, although my intentions are good, I can see how this could be used in a bad way. If you see it as bad, or against the rules, please kill this thread.

I work at a university and we have around 5000 computers on our network at any given time. We are currently testing our virus detection software to see if it is working properly. Unfortunately, to do this test, we need to infect one of our computers with different types of virii. I'm looking for an executable for an RPC worm, a mydoom-type virus, and any others that you think might be useful. I'd compile a version of Blaster myself, but my only available compiler is GCC on a linux machine, which does me no good for the Windows-specific code.

Once again, mods, if this is an illegal thread, please kill it ASAP

Take an unprotected and unpatched system and leave it connected to the Internet..... it will get infected soon enough for your test.

If your quarantining email viruses then simply use that as your test, no need to go out and find stuff when it's already knocking at your door. :p

Yeah. . .I figured it wouldn't be too hard to infect one, either. We've had the computer out in the wild for about 4 hours and I'm getting absolutely zilch. This is the first time in my life I've been pissed because we weren't getting hit by virii.

Helmut said:
Yeah. . .I figured it wouldn't be too hard to infect one, either. We've had the computer out in the wild for about 4 hours and I'm getting absolutely zilch. This is the first time in my life I've been pissed because we weren't getting hit by virii.

Is it a brand new unpatched install? If not your not going to get blaster or sasser since it was patched.

SJConsultant said:
Is it a brand new unpatched install? If not your not going to get blaster or sasser since it was patched.

Yep. . .totally unpatched. We have a base Windows XP install with no SPs and no updates.

I'll post this here since its along the same lines. I saw this somewhere but i didn't mark it or rmemeber.
I'm looking for the list of known programs, Its a list that tells you that exy process is a normal one, but zyx is most likely a virus. It was just a short list like

ati2evxx.exe part of the ati video driver suite If you have an Ati video
card then this is
normal

if anyone knows a list like this could you pint me to it please.

Back