VirtualBox Question

MrMitch

Spinning Drives Rule!
I guess I need to know if this is possible, if so, how to do it.

I have a windows home server (server 2003) up and running with WIndows XP in a virtual machine via Virtual Box.

What I would like to do it add a NIC so i have 2, onboard and addin, and dedicated one to be just the virtual machine, and one just for WHS.

The xp machine does all my torrenting and other downloading quarintied from the server, but i want it on a seperate connection. That would allow WHS to have its own NIC for streaming, remote access and the like.

do-able?

I have been wondering the same thing. I know its possible using vmWare... but am not sure with Vbox.

I think you can, I'm going to check again and see if you can set a peice of hardware aside for use by a specific VM. If I'm right and you can, I'll post a little tutorial.

Im not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but you can bridge the virtualbox host-only network with the local area connection that is on the controller you want it on in Network connections (Of the host OS), then just pick 'bridged' in the network settings of the VM. It should keep traffic from the VM going through just the one card, without any other configuring on your end.

Not really sure how to isolate the other LAN connection to the Host OS, aside from directing specific traffic towards it from your router. Other than that, not really sure how to accomplish what you are looking for (short of you using VMware Workstation.

Back