virtual usb for hyper-v?

wkearney99

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
370
Anyone using virtual USB for hyper-v sessions?

I'd like to run a couple of applications that use USB audio devices. I'd like to run them each in a VM (the app can't deal with multiple outputs). I'm looking into various usb over network soutions as a possible way to present the USB devices to the hyper-v sessions. Anyone dealt with such things? Care to report what worked and what to avoid?
 
I'm using a single port SIIG USB over IP device I use with both Hyper-V and ESX guest VMs on my network at home.

I have tested it with my Creative Labs USB headphones. Works fine.

I'm just using the single port version: http://siig.com/ViewProduct.aspx?pn=ID-DS0512-S1

They also have a four port version at a reasonable price: http://siig.com/ViewProduct.aspx?pn=ID-DS0011-S1

The software portion throws an error when you try to intall it in Windows 7 saying it isn't a supported OS (at least at the time I installed it, I should check for an updated driver), just install it in Windows Vista compatibility mode and it is fine (both on Windows 7 32 and 64 bit).
 
I just ordered a digi 5 port device. We'll see how it works.

I've had bad luck with Siig stuff in the past, enough that I'd prefer to steer clear of the brand entirely.
 
Back
Top