• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Virtual Surround Sound Software Performance Impact

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 10, 2010
Messages
7,592
Does anyone know of benchmarks showing (or the showing the lack of) the performance impact when using various software virtual surround software?

Particularly with case where the PC may be relatively weaker compared to the game being ran, basically not Intel i7/980ti running CSGO situations.
 
I've never come across benchmarks for this however I'd like to see it. I presume the performance hit will be close to zero since even onboard audio DSPs are really good at what they do.
 
Would be interesting to see it done with the pure stand alone software solutions such as SBX, Razer Surround or Out Of Your Head (not sure what else there is. I don't believe Dolby Headphone has a stand alone option?).

Maye I'll get around to do some tests with Razer Surround (since it's free).
 
Back
Top