Virtual Reality Holoroom Being Tested by Lowes

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Lowes, the mega-hardware chain, has torn a virtual page out of Star Trek’s Holodeck play book and has a team working on creating its own version of the Holodeck, called the Holoroom.

I work for home depot and I DEMAND we get this too. Mostly so I can play games in it.

We had Arcades with machines, which died out because of home pc/consoles, now we have holodecks which will die out because.....

I'll wait for the home edition :D

Personally I think this is a great use of tech. Being able to upload a floor plan that you want to remodel, add in virtual furniture, cabinetry, etc and be able to see in 3d dimensions, life size would be amazing.

Can I have sex with it?
That was the part of the Star Trek universe that was the most unbelievable. There's no currency, and people only work because they WANT to since food/housing/etc are afree... yet there must have been some guy on the ship whose job it was to mop up the holodeck every time Riker or Barclay bust a nut on some hologirls. Yeah, no.

That was the part of the Star Trek universe that was the most unbelievable. There's no currency, and people only work because they WANT to since food/housing/etc are afree... yet there must have been some guy on the ship whose job it was to mop up the holodeck every time Riker or Barclay bust a nut on some hologirls. Yeah, no.

No, they just made Data do it.

I'm confused...

What makes you think they didn't have something like Roomba machines?

Back