Virtual Reality Headsets/Motion Trackers

Shava

Gawd
^ Are they any good, i was looking at the prices for my step dad and for a motion tracker and a headset were looking at 2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thats a crap load of money, i was wondering if there was a place that listed prices and had like reviews on them cause i would definatly want to know what i was getting before i dumped 2g into it.

there web site is 2 yr. not updated. I don't think there is any games today that support VR. And look at the product, they are still support analog VGA

there web site is 2 yr. not updated.

The last new update was April 14, 2006. Stereo3d.com has been around sence 1997. The fourms are still active and is one of the best places for the newest stereo talk. VR, stereo3d and IR tracking is still only done by the hardcore enthusiast. Sort of like back in the day water cool Diy was the only option. No VR products are 100% great atm, all of disavatges.

TheArchitect said:

$549 now, they dropped the price just before E3. However don't expect to "Be There" when you use these, i've heard its kinda like watching a floating big screen tv, that has depth to it. The field of vision isn't quite there yet for proper immersive 3D.

Still $549 is cheap for what is pretty cutting edge stuff.

If the z800s did more than 800x600 id be all over em

Im waiting for a pair of VR goggles that can do 1280x1024, then im in

There are a lot of problems here:

1) Is Emargin the only co. to make these visor?

2) Game play of 30 min. is not close to enough, but as you read from the review, it's not good for your eyes of more than 1/2 hr.

3) Who on earth uses analog VGA plus nowadays? You know any high end nvidia card uses them? How can this co. be so behind and outdated? Have they heard of DVI port?

4) if those demo, such as that 66 sec. demo "get inside the game" is showing what you are going to see thru the visor, then I don't really see the difference btwn. that and viewing w/o a visor on a big screen like 24" or 30" LCD.

5) Can you use your own headphone? Because the ones c/w the sys. really sucks.

Back