Virtual Reality Headset Stand

$90?

Yikes. You can go with styrofoam for a few dollars and glass or plastic for like $20-30.

Am I missing something here? Are VR goggles made of super breakable materials that shatter when put down on a table, or is this just folks wanting to be sort of like any 90's tv show/movie where headsets were involved near blinky lights and awesome h@x0ring?

Am I missing something here? Are VR goggles made of super breakable materials that shatter when put down on a table, or is this just folks wanting to be sort of like any 90's tv show/movie where headsets were involved near blinky lights and awesome h@x0ring?

I'm guessing to help protect the lens from scratches and dust while still being able to leave it out? Or just a way to display it maybe?

I wouldn't use one, but I also dont use a headphone stand either

That's really nice, and a much better price. Does it have any balance issues, given that it doesn't have a base?

It's heavy enough that it doesn't really move when I take the headset off.
Some $5 foam one you'd need to weigh down for sure.

It's heavy enough that it doesn't really move when I take the headset off.
Some $5 foam one you'd need to weigh down for sure.

One of these may help and are only $46 on Amazon . Had a room full of these in my home as a child and it was scary as f*ck in there.
Amazon.com: Realistic Standing Female Adult Mannequin + Base + 2 Free Wigs (F-03+2): Arts, Crafts & Sewing

upload_2016-7-7_17-23-21.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
And then taking the effort to decapitate it ... that just seems a little weird. :eek:

Just leave it whole! That would look cool in the corner wearing your Vive. Especially if you lived in a quaint home out in the desert like this.

upload_2016-7-7_18-39-30.png

Wow. That video was about one minute and five seconds too long.

This reminds me of a video project I had to do for some class back in middle school where the goal was to make the worst product you can think of but do a commercial in the most extravagant nonsensical way possible to sell it.

Most of the foam head's have suction cups stands that keep it in place. Now that recycled glass head would need a mini pc installed to make mechanical eyes and led's. The nail win's but I would need the human hair beard model.

How many of you VR headset owners out there would plop down your hard earned cash for something like this? Oddly enough, the Cybust is the exact same price as this, except you don't get the high quality "human hair beard."

Wouldn't you rather have the "Dottie"? It's a bit more expensive, but it comes with a holding tray for the motion controllers and headphones. With the right mounting hardware, you could even attach the PC to the stand too

SBS-965212.jpg

Not a great way to store a HMD. Not only does it trigger the presence sensor and turn the screens on (wasting power, and potentially reducing OLED lifetime), it also compresses the foam of the facepiece, which over time will collapse and lose its 'spring'.

Not a great way to store a HMD. Not only does it trigger the presence sensor and turn the screens on (wasting power, and potentially reducing OLED lifetime), it also compresses the foam of the facepiece, which over time will collapse and lose its 'spring'.

I was thinking that myself. That's why I hang my headphones on my closet doorknob instead of stretching them out on something else.

Why you just put it on top of it, not put it on and strap it in place. Although I don't have a vr headset, so I haven't a clue.

I have one of these stuck to the side of my case and my rift just hangs from it. Works great and takes up no room.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

The glass one I linked doesn't trigger the sensor and it's not super large so it doesn't compress the foam or pull on the spring loaded front straps. Unless you had the straps set for a really tiny head.

Back