Virtual PC Won't Run Ubuntu

cam966251

[H]ard|Gawd
I wasn't sure if this was a linux problem or a windows problem, but so far, I think it's a problem with virtual pc. I created a virtual machine, and I boot ubuntu, i get to the screen where it asks to me run it or just install it, and I choose to install it. It goes to a screen that just had a blinking underscore, and just sits there indefinitely. I am trying to install the 32bit version. I also tried to do knoppix, and I get the same sort of problem.

I am running Windows Vista 64bit, on my Lenovo T61 with a core 2 processor. Virtualization is enabled in the bios.

Can anyone help me out please?

Ehh I believe I've read before that Virtual PC has shitty/no Linux support. Might want to try Virtual Box.

Need to do a text based install and not run 24 bit color. Virtual PC doesn't support it(or at least didn't use to)

Worked perfectly! I'm posting this from ubuntu running in the VM right now.

I just have a quick question though, I've had trouble trying to figure out how to install flash player in ubuntu-64bit in the past, I haven't tried to again, but does anyone have a good tutorial on how to get it functioning?

Back