virtual DVD-R drive

I know there are emulators to mount disc images, but are there programs that emulate DVD-R drives in windows? Thanks

I use Alchol 120% for virtual drive and I havent had any problems with it, I am pretty sure it will do a DVD-R for you.

i guess i wasn't clear enough. I need something that will act as a drive in windows and make windows thing that there's a writable DVD-R drive on some letter so that i can make an iso or whatever. I'm trying to burn a DVD, and the software won't let me make it into an image, so I wanted to burn it to a virtual DVD in the computer so that i don't waste a DVD.

I thought of that before too. I think it would be nice, but, I'm pretty sure that there is no such program. Alcohol, Daemon Tools, and so on all make a read only drive. I do realize that this would be a huge timesaver obviously.

Now, there are still a couple of options. First, there really SHOULD be a way to get your software to create an image. I find it hard to believe that there are any dumb enough not to since that would tick off a lot of customers for the commercial stuff and for the none commercial stuff they are smart enough to figure out obvious things like that. What software are you using? Some are less obvious. For example, in Nero you have to go to choose recorder and select the image recorder instead of your real drive to make images.

Alternately, you need to go ahead and get a DVDRW. I know they aren't cheap by any means, but definitely useful for backups and other things that can potentially change often enough to reburn later. And with stuff like this, a good RW is a lifesaver.

Back