Virgin SuperHub

hey, i ordered my free Virgin SuperHub today, i have heard mixed reviews on it. Has anyone else played round with one?

They we complete crap at first, but at least now you can enable modem mode and use it just as a cable modem. Then connect your own cable router of choice.

I'm currently using it in modem mode along with dir615 flashed with ddwrt!

Not had a problem with 2 of mine (2 houses)
Wireless range and speed seemed fine.

Thanks for all the reply's, it will be here Thursday so not long to wait till i can play round with it.

Using one in modem mode with a pfsense router and I haven't had to reboot in months.

it has arrived now, installing it was fine up until the point of going on to the internet. I didn't relies you had to ring virgin to activate it, activating took about 15 mins after speaking to a man who didn't speak very clearly. Other then that the wireless is fine at 2.4ghz and the local network setup GUI is simple. so far happy with it.

Do yourself a favour and just enable modem mode and use your own router/access point.

They were HORRIFIC when first released. I enabled Modem mode as soon as it was available and haven`t looked back.

Never in all my life have I had the misfortune to encounter such piss-poor performance from a `new` piece of equipment.

Superhub!? Really!? Get trade descriptions involved for false advertising! it was truly awful!

I'd say try it first, if it doesn't work reliable you can add a router afterwards and enable bridge mode.
//Danne

Back