Virgin Mobile Phones 50% Off - $20 Promo Code - Free Shipping

Motorola Triumph for $120 + Free Shipping after coupon code: SAVE20 (Reg. $299.99)
LG Optimus V for $52 + Free Shipping after coupon code: SAVE20 (Reg. $129.99)
LG Optimus Slider for $80 + Free Shipping after coupon code: SAVE20 (Reg. $199.99)
MiFi 2200 Mobile Hotspot for $60 + Free Shipping after coupon code: SAVE20 (Reg. $149.99)

See http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/beyond-talk-plans.jsp

You're welcome :)

I snagged a Motorola Triumph to upgrade from my Optimus. I haven't seen the phones this cheap. Ever.

This is a crazy good deal for a Triumph. I have it and it's rooted + has a good build of CM7 out on it, and I get pretty decent service. Can't ask for much more for $35/month with no contract, which includes unlimited data and texting. I paid $260 for the phone, though. The phone is plenty fast, the only downside is the less than stellar camera.

Just an FYI, the Optimus V struggles a bit to play games like Angry Birds smoothly.

Thinking about that Optimus V since my Intercept sucks balls.... Worth spending more for the Triumph?

How long will this sale be going on for? I get paid on Thursday. :(

Well, today is Cyber Monday, so I'm thinking it MAY be a one day sale. But don't quote me on that.

While I am very happy with the Optimus V, I am upgrading to the Triumph for a reason: it's just better. Flash support, better camera/camcorder, front camera, HDMI output, 4.1" screen, faster processor, easier typing (bigger screen). The down sides? Slightly weaker battery of 1400 vs 1500 on Optimus, larger to fit in pocket, camera is slow (but so is Optimus from my experience?).

wtf coupon works when i place it in cart but not when i finalize billing

I just noticed that too..

Edit. Something sneaky here. If you sign in to your v-mobile account, for some reason you cant put in the promo code so that's why it disappears. But if you continue as a guest, it showed up on the review page..

I have the optimus v right now. If I could afford it I would get the triumph. I love my little optimus v (rooted, cm7, and extended battery) but its just a little to small for my hands and is showing its signs of age for current games.

I just noticed that too..

Edit. Something sneaky here. If you sign in to your v-mobile account, for some reason you cant put in the promo code so that's why it disappears. But if you continue as a guest, it showed up on the review page..
I was not signed in to my Virgin Mobile account when I made the purchase. Everything went through smoothly, though as a Maryland resident I had to pay $7.20 of state tax.

Hmm, so how much are you getting rid of that optimus for :)
YGPM :)

I made the purchase with the promo code, the review page showed the discount. But I checked my account after and they charged 141 instead of 126 (6 for tax). I'll wait til tomorrow and see what happens and then give them a call about it. Happen to anyone else?

I made the purchase with the promo code, the review page showed the discount. But I checked my account after and they charged 141 instead of 126 (6 for tax). I'll wait til tomorrow and see what happens and then give them a call about it. Happen to anyone else?

I was worried about this, so I used paypal for my payment, and it looks like the right amount. Thanks for the headsup.

Should I buy one or 5 :p

+1 About the Intercept sucking balls. I have it, its hard to call it a phone for how difficult it is to use.

Was already considering the Optimus Slider, but was willing to suffer with the Intercept in hope of scoring a next gen phone. But these prices are killer.

BTW the Optimus Slider is faster than the Optimus V.

Last edited:
BTW the Optimus Slider is faster than the Optimus V.

Out of the box, maybe, but the two phones have the same guts, so all you have to do is overclock the V to get the same performance. I've got mine running at 806.

Grats to anyone who got in on this. Whether I actually keep the Triumph I ordered or spin it off, it's a good deal for me :D

We scored a Slider for the wife yesterday...the 800 Mhz proc and the 2.3 version of Android will be nice for me to try out when I set her's up since I've got the other Optimus phone which I love
Got mine rooted but still need to get comfortable with installing a new ROM

So whats the verdict on the Triumph? Is it a good speedy phone??
If you have Virgin Mobile, then the Triumph is the best phone you can get. No question. Most importantly, it has a 1GHz processor. Compare that to the Optimus' 600MHz processor.

Optimus slider is 800, not 600.

I've been hearing a lot of bad things about the Triumph after 3 months of use. But when I tried to order the Slider the deal was over, so all I have to demo is the Triumph. If anything like my intercept, shit will hit the wall 31 days in. :/

the Triumph is not a bad phone and overall its the best phone on VM. One major complaint is the battery life is not the greatest.

Battery life isn't that great, true, but You can order a 1500mA battery off ebay for $14 -- that, and JuiceDefender, plus the battery mods via custom roms will extend the battery life to something like 1 1/2 day of heavy usage.

I can attest to this.

If you have Virgin Mobile, then the Triumph is the best phone you can get. No question. Most importantly, it has a 1GHz processor. Compare that to the Optimus' 600MHz processor.

Indeed, although the Triumph has it's issues (slow GPS lock due to lack of AGPS, crappy camera, poor battery life), it's still hands down the best handset on Virgin Mobile USA period... at least until the Optimus Black arrives hopefully next month.

The speed even on the stock FroYo build is just impressive, throw Tickerguy's CM7 on there and it's damn near twice as fast as stock. Quite simply I haven't seen an Android experience this fast on many phones save for the uber expensive multi-core contract phones.

The camera is ugh. About the only thing good about the camera is the rather impressive LED flash. Don't expect digital camera quality photos out of this. DEFINITELY don't expect even remotely good quality video. Yes it can record 720p video but pixels mean nothing when it looks like crap.

My only other complaint is the battery. On the stock Froyo ROM get used to 8 - 10 hours of battery life on a good day. Throw Tickerguy's CM7 on there and Juice Defender and you'll come close to doubling that, but it's still pretty hard to stomach. That 4.1" screen gulps battery, and WiFi is a pig on this phone as well. But keep chargers around at home and at work and everything's A-OK, and you can get a 3-pack of cheap 1500mah batteries and charger for less than $20 on Ebay, and people seem to love them.

Still, even with the above said I wouldn't trade mine for the world. The big screen is pretty sexy, having Gorilla Glass is really nice (once you pry off that stupid second screen protector), and like I said it's bloody fast as hell.

Optimus slider is 800, not 600.

I've been hearing a lot of bad things about the Triumph after 3 months of use. But when I tried to order the Slider the deal was over, so all I have to demo is the Triumph. If anything like my intercept, shit will hit the wall 31 days in. :/

A lot of the 'bad things' came from people unfortunate enough to get a handset from the initial run of phones. Less than a month after a second revision was silently introduced and it fixed a lot of the weird issues people had with the phone.

The one remaining issue for a lot of people is slow GPS locking. If you've just rebooted the phone an initial GPS lock can take anywhere from 60 - 90 seconds. It's something to do with lack of AGPS support in the firmware (even though the hardware supports it). It doesn't bother me much - once you get that initial lock everything's peachy.

Yeah, battery life is an issue but when isn't it when you're dealing with a smartphone. The Triumph is a battery pig - I just keep chargers around and eventually I'll buy that 3-pack of batteries everyone keeps raving about.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
By the way, for anyone looking for extra batteries for the Triumph:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-1500mAh-...247373?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item20bf86f94d

3-pack of 1500mah chinese batteries w/ wall charger for $15 with free shipping.

The wall charger is kinda crap but the batteries are decent - most people report life as good as or better than the stock battery.
Poorly made, cheap Chineese battiers that will either explode or have a shortened life. Sign me up!

BTW has anyone received a tracking order for their VM cyber Monday purchase?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Mine shipped. Still no word from FatWallet.

I'm still not 100% sold, though. I'm not sure I want to keep a potentially problematic new phone when I know Virgin is going to start throttling at 2.5 GB in 2012.

Luckily, the Triumph is also a great bartering chip! :D

I had not recieved a tracking number as of late yesterday afternoon so I called their toll free CS line.
They assured me it had shipped and would arrive within a couple, maybe three days. Told me to call back if not received by Thursday or Friday

Mine shipped. Still no word from FatWallet.

I'm still not 100% sold, though. I'm not sure I want to keep a potentially problematic new phone when I know Virgin is going to start throttling at 2.5 GB in 2012.

Luckily, the Triumph is also a great bartering chip! :D
Yeah :/

I hope that any issues arise with the 30 days, but doubt it :/

If so I'll send it back or ask for a different model + credit.

FYI I just received my tracking number this evening. Package due on the 6th. So much for 1-2 days :rolleyes:

Poorly made, cheap Chineese battiers that will either explode or have a shortened life. Sign me up!

Meh, they are what they are. I've seen reports from dozens of people who have them now and have seen no sign of 'exploding' or other sensational drawbacks. As I said, battery life as good as or better than the stock battery. I sincerely doubt the stock battery is made by virgins with angel wings and a halo in a factory just outside of heaven... so...

My phone shipped yesterday. Using it now. So far the biggest difference I've seen between the Triumph and the Optimus is the screen size :p

that and should be a good bit deal smoother surfing the web.
Yeah, surfing the web sucked on the Optimus. Actually now that I'm used to the Triumph, a lot of stuff was pretty slow, such as downloading and installing apps. My Optimus actually froze occasionally also. So far battery life with 3g on is better than on the Optimus. I literally had to turn off the 3g on the Optimus or my battery would die in a few hours. I've also got a battery optimizer and a speed optimizer that shuts down unnecessary processes. Seems to be working nicely! Reading Kindle is now totally viable on this phone. I'm pretty excited to spend any down time waiting in line by reading Kindle books on my phone. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase - my experience keeps getting better and better!

Back