Viewsonic

Pultzar

Limp Gawd
It is pretty rare to see Viewsonic mentioned here. Are their new monitors just not that great? Seems like their high end 1920x1200 26" monitor is pretty pricey at $1000.

I have an older VP2130b at work and love it. Great viewing angle, contrast, and AG. I don't know why technology it uses (any ideas?). If I could find another one I would probably buy it, even though it is only 1600x1200. These were about $800 back in the day.

Viewsonic, like so many other electronics companies these days, put bad capacitors in the vp2030b and vp2130b which causes the monitors to fail after a couple of years. My beloved vp2030b just broke so I opened it up and found 6 bulging caps. I tried to replace them but my soldering skills aren't very good, so I ended up getting rid of it. This is a quote from a review on amazon:

"We have about 200 of these monitors and the failure rate is about 50-60%. It's often difficult to gauge the reliability if you order only one or two because bad monitors are probably chalked up as a fluke and quickly replaced by the company. I can definitely attest that these monitors are ticking time bombs just waiting to fail (probably right after the warranty expires!)"

The 2130b uses a pva panel, while the vp2030b uses an mva. I agree that the viewing angle is great. I can't say how current monitors are. I don't trust Viewsonic after spending lots of money on my monitor to have it fail shortly after warranty.

They use to put out some good CRTs back in the day. I dont know what happened to them in the LCD market.

My 1440x900 viewsonic something has been going strong for a decent amount of years now. I don't know what happened to them, but they used to be good.

Back