• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Viewsonic VX922

falcon26

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
128
Has anyone had a chance to check out the new viewsonic vx922? According to the specs its 2ms across the board, is this true? That would mean its a lcd that is finally on par with a crt in terms of response time. I want an lcd to replace my mitsubishi 930SB but only if its as good as the crt. I tried the viewsonic vp191b and that was nothing compared to the crt for games. But if this new lcd is truely 2ms I'd be willing to give it a try....


falcon26
 
i would say no because the company measure from black to white for that 2ms time and not responsiveness of the panel it's self
 
Oh ok I see. So are their any new lcd monitors coming out that are close to crt's in terms of response time?
 
hmm i have both old kds 19" crt and dell 2005wfp which is 16 ms somethimes i can see some differences sometimes but rarely but love dell monitor and will never will go back to a crt
 
I tried a samsung 930b and a viewsonic vp191b for gaming, playing BF2. And my crt was leaps and bounds better than both those lcd's in games. When I would turn or run or drive a vechicle the lcd's would smeer bad to the point I could tell what the hell was on the screen. The crt was perfect no smeer what so ever. I want an LCD like that. I mean for desktop use yeah the lcd looks better hands down, but for games its no even close to a crt. I thought that this new viewsonic was supposed to be like a crt in response time, I guess not :-(
 
Why do review sites like tomshardware and behardware (maybe the same people) give the VP191b such high regards? They use it as a reference monitor in tests.

some quotes from their reviews:
"Conclusion: perfect for games"
"the VP191b, the first LCD monitor in history to provide good games, video, photo… quality"

from pcworld review
"Its image quality is competent but not extraordinarily good"

I dont understrand the magicalness of this monitor.

On the otherhand I dont see how your lcds are that bad falcon26 especially to the point where the whole screen blurrs so bad u cant tell whats going on. Maybe your eyes are weak or something. I use my room mate's SyncMaster 710t (12ms) with battlefield 2 and It's pretty damn crisp (even in vehicles). Maybe some uber faster games can get worse but not THAT worse. I know that when i saw a 930BF (4ms, not the 930B) in action i thought it was a true step ahead of the rest, you should give that a shot. I would have bought the 930BF had the resolution not been so low at 1280x1050.
 
Back
Top