Viewsonic VX2025wm that doesn't have the backlight bleed?

james111 said:
Does this exist or does everyone have the four corner bleed on theirs?

Its normal. Move your head right and left the bleeding will be gone. Its only there if you look straight at it.

Mine has it.

Only notice it if the screen is completely black. Never notice it during gaming or anything.

I am very happy with this LCD.

reddhaus said:
Mine has it.

Only notice it if the screen is completely black. Never notice it during gaming or anything.

I am very happy with this LCD.

same with me. I guess some people are more picky about this sort of thing. I dont notice it when I am doing anything including playing games. I personally have loved this monitor since the day it replaced my dying 19" CRT.

what exactly is a backlight bleed?

i saw pictures, but what's so 'bad' about it?

like an entirely black screen with bleeding would do what?

frankyk said:
what exactly is a backlight bleed?

i saw pictures, but what's so 'bad' about it?

like an entirely black screen with bleeding would do what?

"Backlight bleed" is when certain areas of an LCD screen 'bleed' more of the backlighting through than the rest, causing less contrast in that portion of the screen and in severe cases more washed out colors.

The Viewsonic VX2025WM does not suffer from backlight bleed. What these people are referring to (improperly) as backlight bleed is actually a combination of effects caused by the anti-glare coating on the LCD panel, and the effects common to all LCD panels. You notice these effects when you are very close to the screen.

When viewed from a respectable distance these effects all but dissapear.

Back