Viewsonic VX2025wm or Dell 2005FPW

Discussion in 'Displays' started by InorganicMatter, Mar 24, 2006.

1. InorganicMatter

InorganicMatter [H]ardForum Junkie

Basically, the Dell is at the absolute roof of my budget. I would like an LCD that is reasonably priced, good for gaming, widescreen ratio. Both these monitors have that, and it seems that the difference is 1.1". I ask: is the extra 1.1" even worth the $200 price difference? Will I notice that much difference in real estate? I'm coming from an old 17" CRT, so basically anything will be an upgrade.

Also, resolution is an issue since I do have trouble seeing. There is absoloutely no way my eyes could decipher text on either of the high resolutions these panels run at, so I will probably end up running it in the non-suggested resolution. How well does that monitor take to that?

2. herbyscrub

herbyscrub Limp Gawd

I have a couple of the Dell monitors at work, but bought the Viewsonic for home. Its a unnoticeable difference in my opinion. But I just recently bought a 37" westinghouse......now that is a difference :D Its like...4 viewsonics put in 2x2 formation hehe

3. Selsaral

Selsaral Limp Gawd

Maybe I don't understand your question about text, but can't you just turn the font size up?

4. Chairman Ma

Chairman Ma n00b

If you can't see the text at that resolution then you're going to be better off saving the money and buying a 19".

LCD's aren't that bad when you scale the resolution down in games. Text and desktop is a different story, it's not worth running at any other resolution other than native when you are viewing text.