Viewsonic VX2025wm Issues/questions.

Reagent

Limp Gawd
Just got one of these off the egg, great price fantastic image quality. Have a couple of issues I thought you guys may have a fix for.

My comp specs are 2x X1800XT's, 2gb RAM. I am running Win XP Pro.

Have the latest drivers for everything, BIOS, cards etc.

I am having some pretty bad motion Blur when playing FPS and in WoW. Even if I just turn the character a little bit the game blurs pretty bad. I have let the monitor warm up and it didn't get noticably better. Played HL:2 for 4 hours still was bluring badly.

It isn't a deal breaker but would be nice if there was some setting that was causing this that I have missed.

Anything I can do to lessen this blur? When the motion stops the games all look incredible...just really bugging me.

Yup first day with it and i get the same thing. Really bothers me. Nothing you can do bro.
16ms really sucks and that 60hz isnt helping.
single digit is only way to go and mhz must be over 70!

[CaM]Spoon said:
Yup first day with it and i get the same thing. Really bothers me. Nothing you can do bro.
16ms really sucks and that 60hz isnt helping.
single digit is only way to go and mhz must be over 70!

All I read is how bad you think your moniter is, why dont you get a different one if you hate the moniter so much? and stop bitching.

Have you ever thought that you hooked it up wrong or something? because 99% percent of everyone with this moniter loves it and has no problem with ghosting and everything else you claim it has.

Im sorry Reagent i dont know how to fix your problem, but im sure theres a easy setting or something to change, dont listen to Spoon.

Try reading this topic: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1026462 he seems to not have any of these problems so i would *think* that theres a driver issue or something.

I hope you find a fix for this, and im sorry for thread hijacking.

Vsync is essential for almost all LCDs to prevent ghosting and tearing....give it a shot and I'm sure you willl see a welcome difference.

deception``

Just becuase some poeple say theres no ghosting or what not what makes me wrong?
I know alot of poeple that have better eye then others. I dont see how ghosting or what not is considered a problem? Its all preference and the persons eye. CRT is a HUGE imprvement for ghosting and tearing over LCD. Vsync kills framerate and does improve ghosting only tearing.
I know what im doing and know how to hook up hardware, nothing to do with me just experience. And i dont need people like you bad mouthing me, mean while most of you people return monitors 4 times becuase of 1 dead pixel or something. Give me a break.
I dont wanna start arguments so ill drop it there.

Monitor is amazing for price and really has no downfalls becuase of that but I was just expecting more out of it as far as ghosting. Nothing wrong with it but i think i just lean for a monitor in the single digit response time. I would still reccomand it but i would rather dish out 100 or so for lower respons time.

Boy, I sure wish this was brought to my attention earlier. I was always under the impression that it WAS 8ms (you know, because it WAS labeled as such), now that I finally plunked down $350 on this thing against my better judgement, I find out that it has some sizable motion blur?

Wonderful.

animasaki said:
Boy, I sure wish this was brought to my attention earlier. I was always under the impression that it WAS 8ms (you know, because it WAS labeled as such), now that I finally plunked down $350 on this thing against my better judgement, I find out that it has some sizable motion blur?

Wonderful.

Personally, I'd reserve judgement until you receive the LCD and use it yourself rather than relying on the opinion of someone else. They're your eyes, and if you don't notice it, then don't worry about it. If you do, send it back and get something else.

IIRC, the specs state it's 8ms grey to grey and 16ms white to black.

60Hz is nearly bog standard for most entry-to-low consumer level LCD's anyway, so I don't understand the gripe with that, but whatever.

True enough. I tend to be more sensitive to blur, though, so it's just unfortunate that I may end up eating a 15% restocking fee.

Ah well, such is life. I'm probably just worrying too much, heh. :rolleyes:

animasaki said:
True enough. I tend to be more sensitive to blur, though, so it's just unfortunate that I may end up eating a 15% restocking fee.

Ah well, such is life. I'm probably just worrying too much, heh. :rolleyes:
Could be worse. I got one of these guys for my birthday back in March -- fabulous monitor. . .

. . .It's now got a u-shaped scratch on it from my 3 year old :(

I picked one of these up last week.

I am a very picky person. When I first startign using this moniter I could notice the motion blur barely, in wow and oblivion it was almost none existant, only in very fast paces fps based games i found it to be noticable (I play a dbz mod for HL called esf where you are doing multiple 360s in under a second while flying around at a very fast pace). After playing for a while it became less and less noticable.

My only problem is I can't get WoW to run at native, but my friend with this lcd can.

I have 2 moniters hooked up and WoW only sees teh CRTs possible resolutions. If i disconnect the CRT wow only give me 4 possible res (800x600 1024x768 1280x1024 1600x1200)

animasaki said:

Wonderful.

Thats because it IS 8ms. People need to make sure they compare apples to apples. Its 8ms gray to gray and 16ms black to black. I just just checked a couple other manufacturers websites and they dont even specify which one they are basing their response time on.

Hi!

I have a problem with this monitor Viewsonic VX2025wm: when i setup the native resolution in win Xp after few minutes it appears a strange image all around the screen: coloured stairs of pixel comes vertically. Then it appears NO SIGNAL and I have to reboot. The strange thing is that I do not have this problem in game, when I play @ 1680x1050.
I use the DVI connection with a geforce 4 4800 SE video card with the latest driver.
Do you know how to solve it?

Thanks
Ale

Well I guess this is what I get for being "uninformed". I was under the impression it was an 8ms part.

The funny part is when I purchased the monitor all it said was 8ms on the new egg webpage.

I check it out today after reading the responses here and the damn specs are now listed in the "name". It now says in the main product description plainly 8ms grey-grey, and 16ms wht-blk-wht.

I guess they were getting some heat for listing it as 8ms when it is so obviously not.

BS if you ask me.

I guess I should stop listening to peoples reviews also as almost everyone says there is no ghosting......

I am running Vsync, have very good framerate in games and if a spin around to shoot someone real fast I get motion blur out the ass.

Don't get me wrong, the picture quality on this monitor is fantastic, everything looks great...until you move fast.

I guess I am in the minority...

There is NO WAY i would recomend this monitor to anyone who plays fast moving FPS or PvP games.

It is however a great priced, widescreen monitor...and my wife is going to love it when I give it to her.

Quick question:

Is playing Counterstrike Source at 30-120fps considered a "fast FPS" game?
I'm considering upgrading to the Viewsonic VX2025 (20" widescreen 1680x1050, 8ms, 800:1, S-IPS) from my BenQ FP937 (19" regular 1280x1024, 12ms, 500:1, TN 8bit).

Should I do this? The monitor is $440 Canadian on NCIX.com right now. I was also considering the:

Dell 2007FPW (20" widescreen 1680x1050, 8ms, 800:1, S-IPS) which is $600 on Dell.ca
BenQ FP202W (20" widescreen 1680x1050, 8ms, 600:1, TN) which is $400 on NCIX.com
Samsung 215T (21" widescreen 1680x1050, 8ms, 1000:1, S-IPS) which is $670 on NCIX.com

I'm not really sure what I want. The only reason I'm considering a new monitor is because my dad wants an LCD, and I figured he could have my BenQ FP937. I don't really know if I need HDCP support or not. Apparently the Dell and Samsung have it, but the BenQ and Viewsonic do not.

Can anyone offer me some insight here? The Viewsonic seems like a happy medium between the other models. I do not game much anymore at all. In fact, this monitor will mostly be used by my iBook next year at university. A bigger screen would be nice for watching movies though, and I'm sure I would play some CSS on it before I leave this summer.

The viewsonic seems to suck for fps due to it being 15ms.

The dell has banding problems, and slightly blurry text (check the other threads). Nonetheless it looks killer and has a flexible stand.

The nec has a reflective screen that is bad except in low lighting conditions.

The philips has a cluttered facade.

I went for the viewsonic as I'm programming 99% of the time. I would've gone for the Dell if it wasn't for the blurry text. This is very important to me. Perhaps an aftermarket stand+viewsonic is the perfect combination. Shame you can't even pay a lot of money for a perfect 20" ws lcd at the moment.

Well the only real complaint I have about mine is the backlight bleeding. The first one I had was much better than this one I have now. I have played COD2, Half Life 2, Day of Defeat and Day of Defeat Source and havent noticed any motion blur. Granted I am not looking for it, but it must not stand out if I havent noticed it. And this thing replaced a sweet 20" Sony Trinitron CRT that I was very reluctant to get rid of.

Yeah I am going from a 21" trinitron myself.

Comparably the picture is the same or better with this LCD...but the blurring is bad on my end.

You have to take into consideration that when I say bad I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first LCD...

When killing in FPS's it to me is very noticable and distracting and can sometimes be a pain for targeting.

.....Maybe the blurring is something that I will get used to...I am not a very picky person.

I could care less about a bad pixel, backlight bleeding not an issue for me, this does bother me though as to me this is a "performance" issue.

There really is no perfect 20 widescreen out there. If You must have one for now i think this viewsonic is the best way to go. Down the road youll see your nice 2ms 20"widescreen with HD DVD support and what not. Right now widescreens are just starting. Im still deciding if i should keep this viewsonic. Just wondering when the new ones are coming and price range.

Right now I think these 20.1" widescreens are the sweetspot when it comes to size and performance. It wasnt that long ago that your same 350-400 only got you a 15" LCD. And CRT's, I paid 1800.00 for my Sony 20" Trinitron back in the day.

ture to that.
Guess should have waited out. I really want one with lower response time and more inputs like the NEC

Back