Viewsonic VX2025WM for Graphic Design?

Saeid

Limp Gawd
Is the Viewsonic VX2025WM good for graphic design?
I work with graphics, browse the web and game. I want a multi-purpose monitor thats widescreen and reasonably priced.

I need some expert opinion on the Viewsonic VX2025WM, what panel does it use and is it any good? Cause i have no panel knowledge what-so-ever.

I too am in your boat and own one of these, I'm still debating keeping it. Color reproduction is very good on this LCD out of the box, the only place I would say it suffers is the later end of dark gradients (but this is boderline and you could get away with it.) My biggest complaint is vector fonts within certain programs, such as flash or photoshop. When set for low resoltion settins such as web default in PS 72 DPI there is noticable bleeding to vector fonts under 16pt. This is also apparent when surfing sites on the web. I have found work arounds which I'm not sure I can live with such as upping the DPI is PS(which doesn't help for file size minimization) or zooming in one level in flash.

Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you have anymore questions.

I have been using the NEC 20WMGX2. Color is great and there is no color shifting from top to bottom of the screen. I really only use this for my design work, Photoshop, Illustrator and QuarkXpress etc.... It's a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

Good luck with your decision.

-Dave

Back