richards25
n00b
- Joined
- Sep 3, 2003
- Messages
- 16
Viewsonic VP930b vs Samsung 940t
I am trying to pick between these 2 19" LCDs. They have very similar stats. Both have W-W refresh rates of 20ms (avg). Both claim to support 16.7 million colors. Both have contrast of 1000:1 and brightness of 250 cd/m2. But the Samsung panel is about $100 cheaper.
I have read glowing reviews about the Viewsonic VP930b on several different websites, but I can't find any major reviews of the Samsung 940t to compare. Anyone seen one?
My main concern with the Viewsonic VP930b is the "X"-shaped backlight problem I have read about. If I can save myself $100 and not have the backlight problem, then it sounds like the Samsung is the way to go.
But my main concern with the Samsung is whether or not it is a "true" 8 bit panel. I can't find anything definitive that says it is an 8 bit panel. But I did read how it seems like the more expensive Samsung 970p is not a true 8 bit panel, and they seem to share the same panel. Does anyone here know for sure if the Samsung 940t is a true 8 bit panel?
Any recommendations on which LCD to pick?
I am trying to pick between these 2 19" LCDs. They have very similar stats. Both have W-W refresh rates of 20ms (avg). Both claim to support 16.7 million colors. Both have contrast of 1000:1 and brightness of 250 cd/m2. But the Samsung panel is about $100 cheaper.
I have read glowing reviews about the Viewsonic VP930b on several different websites, but I can't find any major reviews of the Samsung 940t to compare. Anyone seen one?
My main concern with the Viewsonic VP930b is the "X"-shaped backlight problem I have read about. If I can save myself $100 and not have the backlight problem, then it sounds like the Samsung is the way to go.
But my main concern with the Samsung is whether or not it is a "true" 8 bit panel. I can't find anything definitive that says it is an 8 bit panel. But I did read how it seems like the more expensive Samsung 970p is not a true 8 bit panel, and they seem to share the same panel. Does anyone here know for sure if the Samsung 940t is a true 8 bit panel?
Any recommendations on which LCD to pick?