Viewsonic VP912b 19" 12ms

peacetilence

2[H]4U
Does anyone here happen to own one of these? I'm thinking of making the jump from CRT to LCD to replace my 19" Samsung syncmaster 950p thats starting to get burn marks on the screen.

. Gaming is very important to me so the 12ms is crucial so I don't get bad ghosting effects. One thing though, is scaling, as I'm not sure every single game I play will be playable at 1280x1024.

Would it be worth it for me to make the jump to LCD or no?I've thought about maybe buying a flat panel CRT but it wouldn't really be much of an upgrade since this monitor supports all the resolutions and refresh rates of the newer ones. I'd love to have a fancy new toy but I don't know how wise it would be.

I checked out that review but it doesn't really go into great detail. This would be a major purchase and investment for me so I have to be very leery with this decision. The more I read the more I'm dissuaded from buying an LCD but I'd really like to replace this fish bowl CRT with a task bar burn mark on it. I play most of my games at 1280x1024 with some exceptions. Far Cry gives me vastly better frame rates at 1024x768 with everything on the highest detail and BF1942 doesn't even support 1280x1024 but 1280x960. What can I expect from the scaling?
BTW this monitor would be used on a 6800GT if that makes any difference.

Im about to pull the trigger on this monitor aswell. The viewsonic e90fb is dimming and dying. Im pretty sure I want to go lcd this time, and am almost sure Im gonna order this one. Unless you got better ideas?

adambotts said:
Im about to pull the trigger on this monitor aswell. The viewsonic e90fb is dimming and dying. Im pretty sure I want to go lcd this time, and am almost sure Im gonna order this one. Unless you got better ideas?

Yes i do.. how about you get both this SONY SDM-P234B 16ms 23' and the viewsonice...

Like me... :D thats what i am doing..

Back