• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Viewsonic vp2365wb

I don't know why they feel the need to use bright blue LEDs these days. At least the NEC EA231WMi lets you control the brightness of the power LED, which is also blue.
 
eyefinity in portrait is disappointing with the 2365wb 23" 16:9 in middle.

might try the 2405fpw in middle see if it is better.
 
btw to clarify earlier post, the reason why eyefinity is disappointing is not because of 2365wb but bcs 23" 16:9 is too small, the 24" 16:10 dell is much better in middle bcs of the added size (3-4cm 1-1.5").

bcs I have had the Dell in middle I have not been able to really see how this 2365wb fares in everyday life work.

I feel that portrait might get too short on width even on the 24" dell so sometime next week I will be trying normal "landscape" mode.

I will use the monitor for both casual work and gaming and compare the dell with the 2365wb

does someone want me to post pictures of the monitors in eyefinity?
 
like i said ...here is short review of viewsonic VP2365wb from one user . its a rough translation from croatian ..
Behold, I use it all day and enthused I am!

The colors are fantastic, douchebags are those who were saying that the brightness is low ,if the brightness would be stronger my eyes would "bleed".I am not a pro so i dont know if this 14ms matters but those games which i have played were very playable and everything was beautiful.(Eve Online and cod4)

viewing angle is a real enjoyment ,when viewed full from left or right side there are some shifting in colors and colors are slightly darker. But that is really hardcore angle from where you can not see a thing(like 180 degree) . From below there is almost no darkening ..

No dead pixels! (viewsonic replaces monitor if you have just 1 dead pixel)

I do not know which way tn-s in the same rank can compete with this monitor, but IPS panel is worth every cent.

Stand is really Bad(like you see on cnet -.-), it was all wonky, so if you live in the seismic area or near the train station - maybe not for you, or just mount it on VESA . The monitor itself havent moved yet ,if its really doesn't bother me and i dont give a fuck ...

i have tried to take some pictures of monitor but my camera isnt good so for now nothing..

So that was my impressions of it so far, as I said i am not pro and i dont have some comparison with other monitors in this ranking but my lay eyes enjoy!

i recommend it !
 
Last edited:
This panels is on sale at the moment for $250 canadian + $15 for a zero pixel defect store warranty (at NCIX if any canadian readers are wondering). Which is making me strongly consider this. Compared to my other options, the Dell U2311 is $350 with shipping (and possibly back ordered for weeks? months?) The Samsung PX2370 goes for $330 at Best Buy. Or a cheaper traditional TN like the Acer H243h or Samsung P2370h.

I'm wondering if anyone has anything knew to add about this screen? My two previous monitors have both been viewsonics actually, and I'm not to sure how to feel about them. On one hand both had problems and died, on the other hand both were within 6 months of warranty expiry and getting them RMAed and serviced was hassle free. (especially since they have a service center right in my city, didn't even have to deal with shipping).

The prad review being untranslated, I couldn't completely understand all the points. For instance were the complaining that the monitor is not actually sRGB despite being a 8 bit panel? (due to being wide gamut).

How is the response on the monitor? I'm asking in comparison to an average 2ms or 4ms rated TN.

Has anyone run into an quality issues such as tinting? It seems there is a large amount of cases revolving the Dell and NEC which use this panel.
 
Just to add to your list of alternatives, I picked up a Dell 2209wa which is on sale this week from www.dell.ca for $120 off, landing it at $230.
 
ok here we are,i have bought the VP2365wb,i am using it about a week now and everything seems uber fine ,damn i like the pivot and all those rotate things XD when you turn it on right side it automaticlly switches the destkop picture for 90° :cool: .i have played some games lately and i think its very good ,i mean i dont see those 14ms in BFBC2 or COD4 .. and those guys who were whinig about brightness,f*ck them ! if you set brightness to 100 you cant whatch the monitor ,its to strong ,i keep the brightness and contras on 45 and 50 ,and that is enough for fine picture. And i have paid it about 323 dollars in my country (with all taxes ...) . i recommend to others ! go for it guys !

 
Last edited:
wtf i dont know what have happend ,when i was posting there were no pics just links ,and nows is all f*cked up. i will fix that .. seems that thumbnails dont work here
edit:it shows ok now to uregistered useres but there are just links when i login lol
 
Last edited:
It's $299 on Amazon now, but after reading the reviews on TFTCentral, I'll pass and wait for the Dell U2311H coupon to come back because it's a better panel.
 
I ended up ordering the Dell u2311h as well, as it came down to $290 on sale here. However, I generally prefer to buy locally due to ease of returns/rma, we do not have the same non state tax thing as in the US. Viewsonic also has a service depot in city for me (experience from previous 2 monitors), so I do not have to deal with shipping for warranty issues.

It seems these might be better for productivity though, for instance it auto portraits when pivoting, a feature I believe the Dell does not have?
 
Just bought a Viewsonic VP2365wb and am very pleased with it. I tried a Benq VW2420h and was very very disappointed with it. But this Viewsonic is light years in performance and quality away from the Benq but very close in price.

I read around for reviews and noted CNET's gripes. The chassis is not fragile atall, it's solid and beats the hell out of the flimsy fall-over Benq. There's quite a lot of adjustment on it in height, tilt and swivel. I am not getting shifted colours at angles - I did on the Benq. Colours look really very nice and even. No backlight issue atall. Brightness is not low - I had to reduce it a lot. Colours look fine. I hate saturated colours! The response time is 14ms (off/on) but 5ms gtg. Having played games on it, I see no issues with ghosting. I did on the Benq with even mouse movement showing dark trails. Movies look excellent. You can also rotate the screen 90 degrees for portrait look - there's software included for this.

One of the great things about this is that in spite of using the same panel as the Dell U2311H and NEC EA231WMi, it is, in the UK, abpout £100 cheaper. It comes with good easy-to-use software to help you set it up. It has a zero-defective-pixel warranty with three year swap out.

I think this is execellent value - well worth a look. There's a review on TFTcentral which looks at all three IPS monitors mentioned.
 
Does anyone know if this has better contrast than the U2311H - or does it look like a grey haze is over the screen, too?
 
the VP2365wb seems to have a slightly higher black point / lower contrast ratio than the U2311H (864:1 on the Dell vs 706:1 on the Viewsonic). See this review for a comparison
 
Not sure which one to get. The Dell U23 or the viewsonic. Both I can get for about the same price. It would be for surfing the web and games..
 
Back
Top