• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Viewsonic vp2365wb

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
4,511
So no cult following for this monitor? What's the story? It apparently uses the same panel as the NEC 23" E-IPS and it usually costs at least $50 less. You'd think that bang for buck wise, more people would be buying this monitor and then reporting their impressions.

OPTL03H.JPG

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors/lcd/pro-series/vp2365wb.htm

As far as triple monitor Eyefinity goes, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy 2 Viewsonics + 1 NEC for the displayport rather than 3 NECs? 300+ 300 + 360 = 960. Vs 360x3 = $1080. That's $120 saved on an Eyefinity setup.
 
I'm really looking forward to some information about this monitor. If it can perform the same as the ea231wmi, but for $50 less you lose a few minor cosmetic features... I'm all for this one.

Hopefully some info comes along soon.
 
i dont know if Cnet is a reliable hardware Reviewer source but I was given this link in my Thread about this Monitor and Cnet sais its not a good monitor. Really Wobbly and the Colours arent as Vibrant as other IPS's

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/viewsonic-vp2365wb/4505-3174_7-33877885.html?tag=txt;page

The good: The ViewSonic VP2365wb has plenty of ergonomic options, a great lower-viewing angle, and accurate colors.

The bad: The ViewSonic VP2365wb has a fragile-feeling chassis and a panel that shifts colors at off angles. Also, it has a low brightness and no HDMI connection.

The bottom line: The ViewSonic VP2365wb has solid performance, but its low brightness gives images an overall dull look.
 
i dont know if Cnet is a reliable hardware Reviewer source but I was given this link in my Thread about this Monitor and Cnet sais its not a good monitor. Really Wobbly and the Colours arent as Vibrant as other IPS's

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/viewsonic-vp2365wb/4505-3174_7-33877885.html?tag=txt;page

The good: The ViewSonic VP2365wb has plenty of ergonomic options, a great lower-viewing angle, and accurate colors.

The bad: The ViewSonic VP2365wb has a fragile-feeling chassis and a panel that shifts colors at off angles. Also, it has a low brightness and no HDMI connection.

The bottom line: The ViewSonic VP2365wb has solid performance, but its low brightness gives images an overall dull look.

Idk how much I would trust Cnet, as they have constantly pitched the SP2309W and I have already received a replacement that is just as bad or worse than the one I was wanting to replace due to back light bleeding.

I would rather take the word of people here on the forum in the EA231WMi thread found here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1436160 as it uses the same panel.

Also a great review of the EA231WMi-bk (same panel as well) is here: http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2009/review-nec-ea231wmi-bk.html
 
Last edited:
Viewsonic is disappointing. Had lots of potential but falls short. All the 23" with eIPS have fallen short of my expectations.
 
Has anyone got over 60Hz working? How ?

Some pics of details:

700x500-DSC05075.JPG


700x500-DSC05069.JPG


700x500-DSC05074.JPG


Input lag pics:

http://ruohoranta.fi/galleries/sekalaiset/Tietokone/Viewsonic_VP2354wb/DSC05111.JPG

700x500-DSC05102.JPG


700x500-DSC05119.JPG


700x500-DSC05120.JPG


700x500-DSC05118.JPG


700x500-DSC05117.JPG


700x500-DSC05116.JPG


Viewing angles are VERY good compared to any TN-panel. (Sure, its e-IPS). I don't understand why CNET whines about that.
Brightness is indeed a little low with sRGB preset. I dont see it as a problem though.
Blue led can't be turned off.
Input lag is impressive, i'ts close to ~0.
 
Last edited:
Heh, low brightness is actually a plus for most users.

This monitor seems rather mystic no one actually one. Very, very strange...
 
I'm considering getting 2 of these instead of NEC EA231WMi.

only problem is it has no displayport, another option is get one NEC and one of this, or just take 2 NEC.

Also ofcourse maybe NEC has better warranty.
 
This is a good monitor just keep in mind the nec can be had for 295 at provantage and other places now. Got mine last week.
 
This is a good monitor just keep in mind the nec can be had for 295 at provantage and other places now. Got mine last week.

thats only good for usa ... when i caluclate all it comes to (1 monitor+shipping)579$ thats way to much
 
is there someone who have that monitor?pls post more details about it !

p.s. it has H-IPS panel >>>23"WS LG.Display H-IPS (LM230WF2) -according to http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/
same as NEC EA231WMi
Except that NEC has "LM230WF2 -SLA1", the model name for ViewSonic is without this "-SLA1" which seems to be some kind of moniker because many LG panels seem to have that. What this means?
 
found this on newegg
Pros: Great color, no dead pixels, looked great right out of the box. Screen brightness is fine (contrary to what I had read elsewhere). Won't be visible from the ISS (International Space Station) but it'll do for me. Good adjustment software. Bought from another online vendor based solely on price.
hehe :D
 
I'm 90% sure I will buy 2 of these displays, the NEC has display port and costs in usd roughly 100usd more than this viewsonic, however I'm going to use a displayport to vga adapter so it only costs 20usd.
 
I'm 90% sure I will buy 2 of these displays, the NEC has display port and costs in usd roughly 100usd more than this viewsonic, however I'm going to use a displayport to vga adapter so it only costs 20usd.
With what you are going to use the VGA port? Remember that VGA is analog...
 
either this Viewsonic or my 2405FPW 24" Dell, I currently run my Dell though VGA and it outputs 1920*1200 perfect.
Of course outputs, but quality-wise it isn't the same thing as digital (DVI or DP) connection. Why are you using VGA currently?
//

Someone was wondering why no one has this ViewSonic. On another forum (unfortunately non-English) several people have bought it. Comments have been mainly positive. Biggest gripe has been that it's not possible to change Brightness/Contrast in RGB mode which is really weird. Too bad that none of these owners have had a chance to compare it to the NEC EA231WMi.

Also some guy got confirmation from ViewSonic Europe that the NEC has different panel revision (related to this?). Better RGB space and better coating or something like that. I'd take this information with a grain of salt though.
 
Of course outputs, but quality-wise it isn't the same thing as digital (DVI or DP) connection. Why are you using VGA currently?
//

Someone was wondering why no one has this ViewSonic. On another forum (unfortunately non-English) several people have bought it.

post a link of that forum ..
 
the reason why I use the VGA atm is bcs I see no difference between it and DVI, also the 2405FPW only can adjust contrast though VGA, so the screen is always too bright from DVI, and the ati catalyst works horribly for contrast adjustment.

Didn't know that viewsonic can't adjust contrast when in RGB mode, I guess I'll find out if it's a keeper later on.
 
guys gief me the link to some normal review of that monitor ,will ya?or make it by yourself(i mean user review) xD
 
Link. It's in Finnish. Don't bother with online translators, they don't work very well. Also half of the posts are about the NEC anyway.

I read that thread and here is what can be gathered:

+ most ppl say they really like the picture quality, but no experts really comment in the thread, som ppl are comparing the display to their 3 year old TN and wery impressed with the viewsonic.

- sRGB can not be contrast/brightness adjusted.
Solution: My guess is users can adjust settings to same as sRGB themself and THEN adjust contrast/brightness.

- the NEC comes with dp, the viewsonic comes only with VGA and DVI --> If you run tripple monitor setup might aswell get the NEC unless use cheap dp -- vga?

- some ppl complain that the stand, the frame and the buttons on viewsonic feel cheap.
- The stand is not 100% stable at highest point but my some of the ppl in the ppl said it was sufficient, some other did not like it.

so for 100usd/100euro the NEC gives, better button/frame/stand quality and dp, the panel is not 100% same name so I have no idea if they are different.
 
there will be user review in few days on other forum ,but not in english . i will try to translate it ..
 
I just recieved 2 of these 2365wb and setup them in portrait with my 2405FPW, atm I'm not able to test more bcs busy but will later write more about them.
 
good,what was you first impression?

first impressions:

+ view angle is good.
+ The screen is not too dark as cnet review said.

- The 23" 16:9 is noticeably less high compared to a 24" 16:10.
- The power led is REALLY bright, I put paper/tape on it to hide it.

I will write more as I use them.
 
ah cool. Im thinking about getting 1 of these and would like for it to match the blue led on my nec's and sharp :D. Thanks.
 
Back
Top