natermeister
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 26, 2005
- Messages
- 463
1.
I want a 20" LCD. I don't want widescreen, I have no interest in watching movies on my PC unless I have to. I don't like the Dell 2001FP's low response time, not to mention I've heard it has issues with it's backlight. I know it's cheap, I know it's partly because Dell mass-produces on a truly massive scale, but when you get down to it, that lack of cost has to do with more than how many monitors they pump out.
2.
I don't want to pay out huge amounts for a true profesional display from the likes of NEC or LaCie.
3.
So what about the Viewsonic VP2030? I always had good luck with Viewsonic professional series CRTs "back in the day". This monitor has great specs. It is the right size, it has an 8ms response time(half of the Dell's), it has a 1000:1 contrast ratio. I'm not an expert when it comes to LCDs. The last time I built a computer they still completly sucked ass for anything except word processing and saving desk space.
Any help would be great, thanks
I want a 20" LCD. I don't want widescreen, I have no interest in watching movies on my PC unless I have to. I don't like the Dell 2001FP's low response time, not to mention I've heard it has issues with it's backlight. I know it's cheap, I know it's partly because Dell mass-produces on a truly massive scale, but when you get down to it, that lack of cost has to do with more than how many monitors they pump out.
2.
I don't want to pay out huge amounts for a true profesional display from the likes of NEC or LaCie.
3.
So what about the Viewsonic VP2030? I always had good luck with Viewsonic professional series CRTs "back in the day". This monitor has great specs. It is the right size, it has an 8ms response time(half of the Dell's), it has a 1000:1 contrast ratio. I'm not an expert when it comes to LCDs. The last time I built a computer they still completly sucked ass for anything except word processing and saving desk space.
Any help would be great, thanks