• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Viewsonic VP201b vs. DELL 2005FPW

Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
3
Well hello,
im having trouble choosing between the viewsonic Vp2001B and the DELL 2005FPW
This is Going to be my First LCD Ever, and i just wanted to get some help from people that have tried any or both of these , i am going to be using it for gaming for the most part, so i just want to know what is the better choice.

Thank you. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
 
Either one will not be good for gaming. Take my word for it. I used the VP201b for games for about a month, and it did horribly. But it's unbeatable for stuff like Photoshop, watching DVDs, things of that nature. Just nothing 3D. I bought a Hyundai L90D+ for my games and it's superb.

The best thing for you to do in this case is to buy the Dell 2005FPW for use with office apps and such. Then you can buy the Hyundai L90D+ as a monitor for games. The budget should be around the same as buying just the VP201b, or a little more.
 
I don't know why he thinks 2005fpw not good for gaming, it's a Super IPS panel and has great responce time. It's Contrast ratio could use a bit of help, most all new games support widescreen.
 
The 2005FPW's main strengths are:

- price
- warranty/returnability
- interesting form-factor / shape / resolution
- color vibrance
- extra features (connectors/PIP/PBP/usb hub, rotation, etc)
 
I had the VP201b. I sent it back USB problems. I now have the Dell 2005FPW it is the perfect LCD in my search.

They ones I tried and sent back are the Dell 2001 and ViewSonic VP201b both to dark for me kind had a washed out look.

For me the Dell 2005FPW was perfect. I turned down the brightness some and I just love the size it does not overpower you or cause headaches like the bigger models can do to some people because of their size.
 
I have a vp201b and I find it to be unbelieveable. I'm gonna have to disagree with ajm786 about its poor gaming quality. Its got no noticable ghosting and the colors are unmatched (except with a CRT), great for the photoshop. But, it is quite expensive, I'm sure that the Dell will be much cheaper.
 
ok guys i just ordered Dell 2005FPW from Dell it came out to be $513.85 because i used a cupon i found on line that saved me 60 dollars i put overnight Delivery so hopefully ill get it soon :p
 
upirlichy1431 said:
ok guys i just ordered Dell 2005FPW from Dell it came out to be $513.85 because i used a cupon i found on line that saved me 60 dollars i put overnight Delivery so hopefully ill get it soon :p

There was another coupon for 40% off that stacked with the $60 off. My order on Thursday ended up to be $381.26 - 2% fatcash = $373. Can't wait to get it! :)
 
R3Dcoat said:
I have a vp201b and I find it to be unbelieveable. I'm gonna have to disagree with ajm786 about its poor gaming quality. Its got no noticable ghosting and the colors are unmatched (except with a CRT), great for the photoshop. But, it is quite expensive, I'm sure that the Dell will be much cheaper.

Try being competitive on games like UT2004 with the VP201b. Sorry, you can't. The lag is very noticeable, especially when comparing side by side with a monitor like the L90D+. And I do use it for Photoshop. In that respect, no comparison. It may be good for occasional games, but surely is NOT a gaming monitor.

Another factor in this: try playing Doom 3 or Thief on the VP201b, or the 2005FPW for that matter. YOU CAN'T. It's simply not possible, due the VP201b's extremely low contrast ratio (and consequently high black point) and the 2005FPW's backlight bleed problem. The contrast ratio of the VP201b is 400:1, whereas a gaming LCD like the L90D+ is 700:1. Real life values are more like 350:1 for the VP201b and 634:1 for the L90D+.

Bottom line, regardless if the screen is a SIPS or what have you, the VP201b or the 2005FPW is not really suited for gaming. Serious gaming, at least. Some people got lucky and got a 2005FPW that doesn't have backlight bleeding. In this case, I might agree that the 2005FPW is a good gaming screen, but certainly not the VP201b.
 
Back
Top