Viewsonic VP191b in Canada

pinknick

n00b
Hi,
I'll be moving to Canada next week (from Europe) and I would really like to have a PC assembled as soon as possible, so I have already started doing my research. I would like to get a VP191b but I find the e-tailers Viewsonic recommends at its site a bit expensive, especially when compared to US e-tailers, like newegg etc. So, can you tell me a e-shop or retailer in Toronto that sells at a more affordable price? I usually find the monitor for 620cdn+taxes.
Thanks for your help!

pinknick said:
Hi,
I'll be moving to Canada next week (from Europe) and I would really like to have a PC assembled as soon as possible, so I have already started doing my research. I would like to get a VP191b but I find the e-tailers Viewsonic recommends at its site a bit expensive, especially when compared to US e-tailers, like newegg etc. So, can you tell me a e-shop or retailer in Toronto that sells at a more affordable price? I usually find the monitor for 620cdn+taxes.
Thanks for your help!

Where are you moving in Canada? I have seen VP191B-2 sell for $570 here in Vancouver BC.
Here are some known/reliable/newegg like prices e-shop links:

www.ncix.com
www.atic.ca
www.anitec.ca
www.canadacomputers.com
www.pccanada.com
www.frontierpc.com

It's Toronto, sorry I wasn't clearer. Thank you all for the links, they are really helpful. One question though: I haven't yet come across a VP191B-2 model. What does the '2' imply? Is it the 8ms version instead of the older 16ms and 25ms versions? Are these older versions still on sale? Should I watch out for this detail?

pinknick said:
It's Toronto, sorry I wasn't clearer. Thank you all for the links, they are really helpful. One question though: I haven't yet come across a VP191B-2 model. What does the '2' imply? Is it the 8ms version instead of the older 16ms and 25ms versions? Are these older versions still on sale? Should I watch out for this detail?
YW :).. Yes, I think the -2 is the 8ms version..If you are picking the monitor @ a local toronto computer store, Please look for 8ms Orange sticker on the Box. OR if you are buying one online, please contact the e-store and make sure they have the latest version. I picked mine from ATIC computers and got the 8ms version :)

cheers and Welcome to Canada ;)

I live in Toronto. You can always drive to Pacific Mall, but just becareful because they might not treat you as nicely if you're not east asian. But if you're firm with what you want, you can easily bargain them down.

www.canadacomputers.com has one of the lowest prices around, and their service isn't that bad either. True, they wont help you look around and ask what you need, but when you need something to be RMA'ed they'll help you.

Which part of Toronto are you going to be living in?

Chinatown (Spadina south of College) has a lot of cool places, but you are definitely not going to find parking (that's cheap at least) down there.

notoriousformula said:
cheers and Welcome to Canada

Thanks a lot!

KevC said:
I live in Toronto. You can always drive to Pacific Mall, but just becareful because they might not treat you as nicely if you're not east asian. But if you're firm with what you want, you can easily bargain them down.

www.canadacomputers.com has one of the lowest prices around, and their service isn't that bad either. True, they wont help you look around and ask what you need, but when you need something to be RMA'ed they'll help you.

Which part of Toronto are you going to be living in?

Chinatown (Spadina south of College) has a lot of cool places, but you are definitely not going to find parking (that's cheap at least) down there.

Thanks for the tips. I am coming as a graduate student at the UofT, so hopefully I'll be living around the university. I will definely not have a car, so the Pacific Mall is probably out of reach, though I will visit it once get the chance. However, the Chinatown should be close, ideally within walking distance.

Back