• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Viewsonic VP191 Compared to Samsung SyncMaster 193P

DisasterEC

n00b
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
11
I have been reading through your forums for the last day or so and i want thank everyone for the useful info they have left here and it is why i have Subcribe to these Forums.

Im in the Market for a new Monitor and have come to the Conclusion that the above 2 monitors are proably the best choices. I have never owned a LCD and want to make the right choice when i purchase it. I mainly want the Monitor for gaming and have read here the VP191 is the monitor of choice for that (also will proably watch a few DVD on it).

Some readers have said the Viewsonic has bleeding and can have dead pixels so im a little concerned. The reason im turned towards the Samsing 193P is becasuse of its zero dead pixle warranty and that the colours realy look awesome on it with no bleeding, but i have read here there is ghosting on some games, I also read that some of your readers said the ghosting went away after time. Also the Samsung did not get very good reviews on the gaming side.

The price difference for me is i think $150 aus dollars cheaper to purchase the Viewsonic. But im not realy concerned about the price to much i just want the best 19 inch monitor i can get my hand on for my purpose.

I will be running a AMD 64 3700 San deigo, Radeon x800xl pcie

Any help will be much appreciated im hoping to order my new Computer in the New week. I realy wanting to get some more peoples opion on the 193P in gaming and if anyone has had both to give me a comperasion

Thank you

Disaster.
 
193P+ is the new Samsung display, you wouldn't want the 193P. I haven't seen a review of the 193P+ on a review site yet, so I'm uncertain. Also, Viewsonic has a zero dead pixel policy.
 
YOU, man... and I have something in common... I was like you 2 weeks ago. Searching this forum for the best dang 19" LCD that I can buy. And... not just any LCD... it has to be fast enough for FPS games like HL2, BF2 and Far Cry. I have been through these forums... CNET reviews... Tom's Hardware... and I can only tell you one thing...

VIEWSONIC VP191b - 2. (the 2 stands for Version 2).

Yes, sir! That is what I have concluded on buying. And I got one now... and it's gorgeous. Well, my first LCD... so maybe I'm biased. I based it on Tom's Hardware. They say it's the best 19" LCD for games... but CNET gave it a mediocre score. And this forum is flooded with Dell LCDs. So that is up to you. But I'll just tell you what I think...

This baby has 8ms of response time. I haven't notice any kind of ghosting yet. Except maybe when the screen turns from complete black to white and vice versa really fast. It's sharp when you use it's native resolution of 1280x1024. With you GPU... you'll have no problem running games in that resolution.

ADVICE: Get the latest version. Apparently, there's an older version of this model. Get the 2nd Version... it says 2 in the serial and on the box... there's gonna be a sticker that has the number '2' on it. ;)

Here's a pic...
 
In case you didn't see this thread, I did a litlle comparison of the 193P+ and the VP191b:
A comparison: 193P Plus vs VP191b

Note that I didn't calibrate the screens (didn't know it would make a difference) so the color comparison isn't the best. Note that I noticed ghosting on both screens. I only kept the 193P+ and I don't notice the ghosting anymore. I'm a big gamer and I'm very happy with this monitor.
 
Thanks VOL for that i missed that thread.

YOHAN14344 Do you know the differnce VIEWSONIC VP191b - 2. and standard i cant seem to find the version 2 anywhere or mention of it?
 
I actually am not sure about that... but the version 2 has 8ms of response time. They say that the older one was slower. The newer one also uses this new LCD technology called P-MVA panel. Which is better than other LCD technology. I'm not an expert at this... I just said what I read from reviews. My LCD came out at June 2005. I'm also not sure if they started making the version 2 starting June 2005 or prior to that. Ask your nearest ViewSonic dealer! See posters and print ads for more details! Hurry while supplies last! And if you call within the next 30mins... you'll get a really HUGE spatula absolutley FREE!
 
Back
Top