• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Viewsonic or Dell or ?

Zlash

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
2,451
Looking for a lcd tv type display to act as a computer monitor and tv. I've got a htpc already want to get a nice display for it that can double as a tv also for my hd cable box.

Currently i've found...

Viewsonic N2750W $800 shipped from outpost.com


and..

Dell W2606C ~$1150 Shipped

Currently leaning towards the viewsonic since i've seen it in action and did not notice any problems in the 2 days i watched tv on it and ofcourse the price is nice. Or is there something else out there in the 27" range that is a better value? Trying to stick in the 1k range.
 
Zlash,

I can't comment on the quality of either monitor but the Viewsonic is on sale
locally, (Columbia, SC) for $800 from 'Office Depot'. The reason I mention this
is that the store offered to open a box and set up the display to check for dead
pixels, meaning I could walk out of the store with a perfect monitor.

Let us know what you decide since I have been considering the Viewsonic
myself. Good luck.

klaatu51
 
Back
Top