http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16889107001
I read great reviews for this. Some facts:
I would use this as my computer monitor, to play DVD's and to hook my Xbox (eventually my Xbox 360) up to it.
I currently play Everquest 2, Quake 4 and will play Oblivion when it comes out.
I have a 2.1 Boston speaker system that I currently use and love, I'd bypass the built in speakers.
I have never owned an LCD before, always CRT as I'm primarily a gamer. I have very little familiarity with things like native resolutions, response times, contrast ratios, etc. aside from what I've learned through researching online.
Questions:
Do I need to buy a separate DVI cable? I have an x850XT - any known problems with this card and display?
Recommended resolution of 1280x720. Of all three games mentioned, will I have any problems with the screen size not fitting / filling up the screen? i.e. Will I have borders of unused space surrounding my view area?
Same question as above except applied to watching DVDs - can I get it to fit to screen without having that stretched look?
Thanks so much in advance!
I read great reviews for this. Some facts:
I would use this as my computer monitor, to play DVD's and to hook my Xbox (eventually my Xbox 360) up to it.
I currently play Everquest 2, Quake 4 and will play Oblivion when it comes out.
I have a 2.1 Boston speaker system that I currently use and love, I'd bypass the built in speakers.
I have never owned an LCD before, always CRT as I'm primarily a gamer. I have very little familiarity with things like native resolutions, response times, contrast ratios, etc. aside from what I've learned through researching online.
Questions:
Do I need to buy a separate DVI cable? I have an x850XT - any known problems with this card and display?
Recommended resolution of 1280x720. Of all three games mentioned, will I have any problems with the screen size not fitting / filling up the screen? i.e. Will I have borders of unused space surrounding my view area?
Same question as above except applied to watching DVDs - can I get it to fit to screen without having that stretched look?
Thanks so much in advance!