• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Viewsonic G220fb vs P225fB

To me, looking at Viewsonic's comparison PDF, there doesn't seem to be such an incredible differentiation between the two to justify the price. However, because they seem to be built on different technologies, I must throw in the obligatory 'you need to check them both out in person'. Seems to me that the G220fb might be an interesting pick, given that it appears to not be an apperture grill based monitor. I want to see one now, lol.
 
Yea ones a Shadow Mask and the other is an Aperture Grille.

I'd LOVE to check these out in person but i just dont see that happening because i live in an area where the local stores dont stock them.

Whats the difference between SuperClear and SuperContrast technology?

The P225fb has BNC input and zoom special features.
 
I own the p225fb and I have it set to 1024x768 @ 120hz. I don't think the 220 can do that. It is very clear and sharp. BNC cables were 50$ though. I figure if you are spending this much money what's another 100$ or so. I bought it from NewEgg they offer free shipping for the 225 and no free shiping for the 220 which helped me decide also. Maybe this will help you out.:)
 
Well, BNC seems to have the ability to produce a much cleaner picture, but I don't really understand that stuff. I just know it's better. My friend has an ancient 17" Viewsonic with this, and it does some astounding things, for an ancient 17". Now Mike, WHY are you running a 20" viewable screen at a rediculously small reslution? I run my 17"ers at that. I mean, you could measure your desktop icons in INCHES. And my P95f+ can do 1024x768@120hz. I only use that resolution for more demanding games, like UT2K4 (I run all games with 2xAA and 8xAF). Now, considering the pricing, on Newegg at least, and given +$50 for a BNC cable, well, it's up to pricing- with the P225fb, though, it looks like you're getting into 2001FP range, may consider that as well.
 
I tried a higher res but I couldn't get the geometry set right. So I havn't got around to figuring it out. Maybe the drivers?

The 2001fp is 1000$. With shipping added that's almost double the price of a 225. I see people sending those back alot I want to use my monitor not send it back a bunch of times until I get one without flaws.
 
Originally posted by Mike Williams
I tried a higher res but I couldn't get the geometry set right. So I havn't got around to figuring it out. Maybe the drivers?

The 2001fp is 1000$. With shipping added that's almost double the price of a 225. I see people sending those back alot I want to use my monitor not send it back a bunch of times until I get one without flaws.

Most of the people here that buy them catch them when Dell has them on sale which is like every few weeks it seems like and they only pay around $750 alot of the time for one. But your right, they usually end up sending the stupid things back several times before getting one thats perfect and thats something i dont want to deal with plus the fact i think the Dell 2001FP's look goofy with that silver base.

Could someone explain what this BNC stuff is? I didn't even plan to use it cause i dont know what it is lol. I just was copying what the Viewsonic spec sheet said the p225fb had for extra features.

But what about the Aperture Grille? Does it bother you Mike Williams? Can you notice those lines in the screen?
 
BNC, if you look at the pictures on Newegg's site, is basically a breakdown of the video signal into separate cables. It means that there is more bandwidth available throught the cable, so the picture is more correct. IE better.

The wires in a screen, of which Ive owned 4 monitors that had them, are only obvious on a white screen. Similer to a stuck pixel, you generally have to look for them to see them- you probably will not notice them until you actually start looking for them, and even then, it may take you a little while. In my opinion, they are nothing to worry about, you will not even notice them when you are actually working/gaming/surfing etc. Remember that every Trinitron and Diamondtron CRT has these things- that's alot of professional monitors.
 
Back
Top