• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Viewsonic 930b or Samsung 193p+...?

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,658
Hello, I have been shot back into the 19inch LCD market. I was wondeing which of these two monitors are better, the specs are the same, and they probably use the same panel, but which do you think will have the better Blacklight, and overall aesthetics. Which of these two sweet monitors do you reccomned.
 
They are not the same panel. The Samsung is using a Samsung PVA panel and the ViewSonic is using an AUO MVA panel. The published specs are the same but that doesn't mean anything. You can't trust the manufacturer's word on those things, especially the response time.

I haven't seen any independent test results on the VP930 yet. There were also zero reviews the last time I checked a few days ago. The VP191 earned its reputation based on solid test results and positive word of mouth and as far as I'm concerned the VP930 will have to earn it too.

I'd wait a little while if possible. They're available now so you should start to see some reviews and test results soon.
 
I believe he was asking about the 193P+, not the 930b. The 193P+ is a fantastic monitor. In many ways the 193P+ and the VP191b are very similar in actual performance. I ended up with the 193P+ because of superior build quality, better blacks, better movie playing, equal gaming performance, and better customer care.
 
eamayer said:
I believe he was asking about the 193P+, not the 930b. The 193P+ is a fantastic monitor. In many ways the 193P+ and the VP191b are very similar in actual performance. I ended up with the 193P+ because of superior build quality, better blacks, better movie playing, equal gaming performance, and better customer care.

He asked about the 930b and the 193P+ what are you smoking?
 
Pain medication. I just had a right total hip replacement a few days ago. My apologies. He did ask about the Viewsonic, so I took that to mean the VP191b. The 930B is a Samsung, not a Viewsonic, monitor, hence my mixup. I don't really know which monitor he is asking about. Ok, now I have seen people talking about a Viewsonic 930b, and I am confused, unless Samsung is no longer making their 930B model.
 
eamayer said:
Pain medication. I just had a right total hip replacement a few days ago. My apologies. He did ask about the Viewsonic, so I took that to mean the VP191b. The 930B is a Samsung, not a Viewsonic, monitor, hence my mixup. I don't really know which monitor he is asking about. Ok, now I have seen people talking about a Viewsonic 930b, and I am confused, unless Samsung is no longer making their 930B model.


Its all good but viewsonic does make a 930b which came out maybe a month ago? =)
 
Yup. Hopefully, the new Viewsonic will be the next step up from the VP191b, an excellent monitor.
 
VP930 will be VP930b and VP930s if they have black and silver models. Which will make it confusing when talking about just a 930b because of Samsung's 930b. Can't wait. :rolleyes:
 
cold solder said:
VP930 will be VP930b and VP930s if they have black and silver models. Which will make it confusing when talking about just a 930b because of Samsung's 930b. Can't wait. :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing....why do companies do things such as. Viewsonic keeping the vp191 name, and made a revision that was a ton better, it's confusing. Same names like Ssung 930b, and VS930b. X2 3800+, A64 3800+. 6800GT 7800GT. I just would like to be able to shorten the names.
 
Back
Top