Viewsonic 27" monitor $150

Listed as "Out of Stock" when I just looked. Pretty good price for a 27" IPS panel, though.

ips panel is nice but only 1080p kills it. Trust me, get 1440p at 27in size, it looks magnitudes better.

You kidding me? You'd need four eyes for that kinda resolution.

For some people maybe, but at that screen size, having 2560 by 1440 pixels vs 1920 by 1080 pixels fills up the screen more proportionally. It will look a lot sharper as well as having a better image of how things are shown on screen in regards to their dimensions and ratio compared to the pixels.

ips panel is nice but only 1080p kills it. Trust me, get 1440p at 27in size, it looks magnitudes better.

I'm sure it will look better, but I'm tired of straining my eyes on a 1080 22" and I like to set a good distance away from my monitor 90% of the time.

Also I don't quite have the horsepower to run a lot of games at 1440 yet.

I'm sure it will look better, but I'm tired of straining my eyes on a 1080 22" and I like to set a good distance away from my monitor 90% of the time.

Also I don't quite have the horsepower to run a lot of games at 1440 yet.

That's fine, all I am doing is providing a suggestion from my personal experience. If you follow it, cool. If you don't, that's fine. Do what works for you.

Mine arrived. Actually came from Ingram Micro. Looks great and love the super thin bezel!

1080p at 0.311 dot pitch on a 27" is still fine for the work/activities most people do on their desktop. I'm using a 27" 1080p monitor myself currently for gaming and I don't notice any individual pixels or cross hatching while doing so while sitting around 2 feet away. If you're doing photo and/or video editing, then you would of course want the smaller dot pitch of a 1440p screen at 27".

Back