Viewing angle best from what LCD tech?

Flybye

Limp Gawd
I have noticed cheap Android tablet LCDs are not quite the same from more expensive Samsung Android LCDs and they are definitely not the same from Apple LCDs. I have a cheap Gateway monitor at the gf's house that annoys the %#^@ out of me, and I want to get upgraded to a far better monitor.

What is the name of the LCD technology that allows you to view from almost any angle? I am sure the more expensive monitors have those better displays, but Id like to make sure when looking at the specs.

From what I just read around, it seems that: IPS > VA > TN

So I guess Id simply like confirmation from you guys. :)

IPS with A-TW > some new IPS > old IPS > most new IPS > better VA > better TN > worse VA > worse TN

Only few monitors have A-TW polarizer or comparable technology, especially reasonably priced.
Some QNIX QX2710 seem to have no-glow panels but its lottery and the one with which you are most probably to loose. Or seek for cherry picked unit.
Some Mac laptops use similar no-glow panels and from what I can tell on the unit I saw at Apple store they are not as good as A-TW as they loose dark details when viewed off-angle much much faster than real A-TW. Still better than ordinary glow panel.

ps. I use A-TW monitors and they are awesome ^_^

TY! Slightly off topic, how is your FW900 holding up? I have noticed mine takes 5-10 or so minutes to get to the fully crisp and sharp image. Other than that, she performs as good as new. Im at 2304x1440 @80hz. Im just worried one day she wont get to that maximum sharpness point anymore. :(

i really wish we had someone in the industry that could give us a good explanation as to why A-TW is like a unicorn nowadays. it fixes THE biggest issue with IPS.

i really wish we had someone in the industry that could give us a good explanation as to why A-TW is like a unicorn nowadays. it fixes THE biggest issue with IPS.
The reasons that I can think of are cost, incompatibility with wide gamut backlight sources, or perhaps a licensing issue.
Have we seen panels use an A-TW polarizer that were not from LG? I can't think of any from AUO, and it mainly seems to be AUO's AHVA panels which are appearing in most of the new "IPS" monitors.

incompatibility with wide gamut backlight sources
lol that :rolleyes:

most A-TW monitors are wide gamut

List of monitors with the A-TW polarizer said:
CCFL
20" NEC LCD2090UXi
24" NEC LCD2490WUXi

Wide Gamut CCFL
26" NEC LCD2690WUXi
26" DoubleSight DS-263N (only on some units)
26" DoubleSight DS-265W (no backlight brightness control)
26" Hazro HZ26W / HZ26Wi (no backlight brightness control)

Wide Gamut RGB LED
24" HP DreamColor LP2480zx
24" LG W2420R
24" Quato IP240ex LED

Back