View Web History From ASA Firewall?

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I was wondering if the ASA 5520 Firewall had the ability to view web traffic or site surfing or does this only work if I have a logging server configured for the ASA to log to? I don't use the ASA much since I'm the database administrator for my company but from time to time I'm asked when nobody else is available. I just checked the ASDM & see that the buffer clears after so many lines & I don't believe we've got a logging server.

Anyone know how this is possible?

You'll need a logging server to be able to see anything beyond the basic hits via ASDM. Go into the Configuration portion of ASDM, click on Device Management (lower left), then go into the Logging->Syslog Servers to see if you have any configured. It could also be set up to FTP overflow from the internal buffer in the Logging->Logging Setup area.

Now, if you really want to be able to review users' web activity then I would suggest a proxy with integrated authentication so you can track by user rather than simply by IP.

Kiwi log server or fireplotter will connect to the ASA and get you more detailed information

Back